News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Endesa ...

Started by Janet, Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Fri  2 May 2014, 21:17Just make sure you keep enough funds in the old account to pay the direct debits until they start to be taken from the correct account  :-X

What do you think of the idea of my cancelling the direct debit on the old account to prevent that?

Nova

Fine, if you're prepared to go back and argue with the bags why it isn't your fault your electricity is cut off  :whistle:

It seems (from my customers) that it can take up to three months for Endesa to change the bank account they charge from but it can take only one missed direct debit for them to cut off your supply...
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Pete

I should add that in the UK, TalkTalk is at least as terrible. It took six months and about as many letters and new direct debits to transfer the phone account from me to my ex. Because each time the form went in, the account was in arrears (because that's the normal state of play), but if you pay it there and then, they then want another form out of you to process the change of ownership - and by the time they get around to it, another billing cycle has ensued.

Oh, and they won't accept payment in advance for a Direct Debit, and they won't accept a Direct Debit in the name of someone who isn't the account holder *now*.

I seem to remember threats of involving the regulator to move things along.

Michael

Quote from: Pete on Sat  3 May 2014, 18:21
I should add that in the UK, TalkTalk is at least as terrible.

My daughter works in a call centre and sold Talk Talk at one stage.  She advised me never to go near them.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Pete

Technically I didn't sign up with them; I signed up with Tiscali at the time and they were later bought out by TalkTalk and it all really went to pot about then.

Janet

Has anyone else in Tenerife chosen an alternative supplier?

NAH

Quote from: Janet on Sat  3 May 2014, 20:04
Has anyone else in Tenerife chosen an alternative supplier?

No, we decided 'better the devil you know'
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

Sadly, this is the conclusion I've reached too but by god I wish we could change ...  :undecided: