News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Forest fire in Ifonche area

Started by Janet, Sun 15 Jul 2012, 16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

There's a forest fire burning in the Tijoco area. It's unclear exactly where because from our garden it's over the hill, and Tijoco Alto is the nearest village, though a little further on there is also Taucho. It's been burning now for around an hour and is creating quite a bit of smoke, as the above photo just taken shows. JA

Nova

Wow, that's a lot of smoke!  I hope they get it under control before it spreads  :ermm:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Emergency services have just confirmed that the fire is in the Ifonche region. At present it's in on agricultural land but is at risk of spreading to forest areas. Up to 3 helicopters are firefighting. JA

Janet

The above photo is what it's like now at 5.30pm, and very sadly it seems that it has spread to the Barranco del Infierno.

Phil

Can anyone give me a phonetic pronunciation for "Ifonche" purleese?   :tiphat:

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Janet

Janet

The smoke is quite a bit more extensive now, but far lighter and not billowing, so hopefully it means the firefighting is having some effect. Meanwhile we have the taste of smoke and flakes of ash falling in the garden. Walkers, including a dozen walking the still-closed-off Barranco del Infierno, and residents in the Ifonche area have been evacuated. The  TF567, from the La Escalona junction to Ifonche has been closed off while firefighting efforts continue. JA

Nova

—————

Phil

The pall of smoke is clearly visible in Silencio.  Scary.

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Nova

Janet, are you guys ok?  It isn't coming your way is it?  Do they have it under control yet?

—————