Forest fire in Ifonche area

Started by Janet, Sun 15 Jul 2012, 16:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Sun 15 Jul 2012, 20:00
Janet, are you guys ok?  It isn't coming your way is it?  Do they have it under control yet?
Yes, no and no.  :great:

Janet

Yes, we're absolutely fine ... it's 3 villages away.  :hug:

This is the latest photo which I took a few minutes ago. It now looks as though it has got quite a hold in one particular area, and the smoke is billowing and black. Around 40 acres are said to be burnt in the top of the Barranco del Infierno area.

Janet

oh no, it's in the forest

Janet

Latest couple, a couple of minutes ago ...

Nova

Wow, those are amazing photographs!  But my, there's some power in those flames!!!  That's really alarming, 40 acres.... more now?  Please keep us informed  :hug:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

The Taucho and La Quinta areas are now being evacuated. The mayor of Adeje is in the area himself leading the security efforts; residents are advised to take maximum care and precautions.

Janet

This is the view from the next village along from us, further away from the fire, which is now just two villages away from us. It would have to cross a huge barranco to get to us, so we're thankful for small mercies, but it's still a tragic sight. Thanks to Chuck Urmson for the photo.

Janet

There are three fires, spaced out along the hill facing us and stretching up into the forest areas. Emergency services say that the topmost fire is heading at speed towards the peak pine forest, the fire at the top of the Barranco del Infierno is under control, and the other is heading west towards Guía de Isora. Some 100 hectares have been burnt so far, and between 70 and 100 people have been evacuated from Ifonche, Taucho and La Quinta.

Nova

My god, this is reminiscent of that big forest fire about five years ago from which some of the pines in the National Park never really recovered.  This is awful  :03:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial