News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Summer temperatures forecast from Thursday

Started by aspasia, Tue 8 May 2012, 10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

This last week's lovely weather is just a prelude, it seems, to what's coming next week, with Aemet forecasting a fair rise of temperatures from Thursday. The Met Office says that some 30º or so can be expected throughout the Canaries, though no heatwave warning is being issued, at least at present. The increasing warmth should start to become noticeable throughout today and tomorrow. JA

El Profesor

We start sweating ..... non stop from now until December.

Nova

Damn, does that mean I need to find some summer clothes? I like my winter ones  :blackcat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Phil

Definitely warmer this last few days and nights.  Our aircon isn't reinstalled in the new studio yet and this morning was the first time we could really have done with it.  :dazed:

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

aspasia

We've not had a fire the last couple of nights either ... and I don't like summer clothes either ..... :blackcat:

aspasia

The temperature has already started to rise with the waft of hot air from Africa, and now a calima is forecast for the eastern islands between now and the weekend. If temperatures continue to rise as expected, and hit 34º on Saturday, Aemet will issue a Yellow alert. JA

Nova

Quote from: Janet on Thu 10 May 2012, 17:32
...Aemet will issue a Yellow alert.

Prof will be pleased about that  :giggle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

aspasia

The Tenerife Cabildo has banned the use of fireworks and controlled agricultural and forest fires in the mid-altitude and forest areas of Tenerife in the light of the high temperatures expected from this weekend, and asked the public to take the utmost care  during this period. The heatwave is expected to last from Sunday until Thursday 17.  The public BBQs have not been cordoned off, at least not at present. JA

aspasia

Aemet has issued a yellow alert for heatwave for Tenerife on Sunday. The yellow alert will apply to the eastern islands of Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote from tomorrow, Saturday. Temperatures of above 34º are expected. JA