News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Summer temperatures forecast from Thursday

Started by aspasia, Tue 8 May 2012, 10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

Aemet has extended the orange alert for Tenerife with temperatures of up to 38º expected tomorrow. JA

Nova

Does that mean I have to find something more summery to wear for work?  :undecided:   :blackcat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

aspasia

Yes, and I'm meeting lawyers so can't just wear my sheet .... :blackcat:

Nova

Who says?  Just tell them you're an ancient historian with a penchant for the toga  :tiphat:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

aspasia

Several teams of bomberos fought a forest fire today in the El Cabezón area of Los Realejos. Some 16,000 square metres of gorse and pine forest were affected before the Cabildo declared the fire under control. Cabildo Environment Councillor Ana Lupe Mora is overseeing the firefighting efforts, and says that bomberos will remain in the mountain area until the fire is completely extinguished. JA

Phil

Been really close today with very little sun.  Perhaps this is why....

[attachimg=1]

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

aspasia

It's not giving up. The orange alert has been extended to tomorrow now, with temperatures of up to 37º expected.

aspasia

One of the two women taken to hospital in Gran Canaria in critical condition yesterday was released today. The other, though still seriously ill, is progressing favourably and is expected to be moved to a ward in the hospital from the Intensive Care Unit tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the Canarian Government says that the walkers were part of an organized group and that it is investigating whether the tour company had complied with all the necessary requirements. Viceconsejero de Turismo, Ricardo Fernández de la Puente, said that tourism inspectors were looking into whether there were any irregularities in the excursion, given that tour companies would have known about the orange alert at the time the walk started.

The minister said that Turismo would only be involved if it transpired that the excursion organizers had everything in order, because if any kind of negligence were apparent, then it would be a matter for the Policía Nacional and the Courts.

aspasia

As things stand, the orange alert is reduced from 7pm this evening. Tomorrow is still under alert, but yellow, for temperatures up to a maximum of 34º. Thursday should see temperatures reduce back to below alert level.