Lots of air traffic in the west

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Tue 9 Jul 2013, 14:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Yesterday and this morning, we had a jet flying overhead from north to south, which is very unusual for the west, as there are no airports nearby.

Today I have noticed a number of helicopters flying around.  Perhaps they are scouting for fires?

Janet

I've been wondering myself ... several helicopters today ...

Nothing being reported ...

:undecided:

Michael

If it's airliners you mean, have a look here.

http://www.flightradar24.com/RSD031

When you click on the little aircraft it tells you who they are.

[attachimg=1]
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I've not seen jets, but several helicopters ...  :undecided:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We could not see the jets either, but there was one yesterday and one today at approximately the same time, close to 10.30.  From sound we could tell they were flying north to south.  It is extremely unusual for us to be able to hear air planes and these were not on the normal flight paths.  Also, they were loud, making me think of military craft instead of civilian.

I like Flightradar24 and the other one.  We often see planes from Brazil heading to France or Germany; we seem to be a major navigation point for them. 

Janet

It seems that they are searching for a German tourist who has been lost in a barranco in the municipality since yesterday. Apart from search and rescue helicopter teams, a wide range of other emergency and public services are involved, including bomberos, Policía Local, and Guardia Civil. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

But which municipality Janet?  Guía?

Janet

yes ... sorry, I cut and pasted from my website and left out the first sentence introducing the topic ... that's where I said Guía ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Can't believe they don't know which barranco; why do people go out alone in a strange place like this?

The helicopter was still buzzing around 15 minutes ago but it is getting a bit dark to find someone if you haven't a clue where they are.

Janet

The helicopters are still flying, and the Guardia Civil's mountain group has now been added to the search, as well as dogs with handlers from AEA (Ayuda en emergencias Anaga). JA