News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Lots of air traffic in the west

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Tue 9 Jul 2013, 14:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The AEA are the St John's of Tenerife.  Present at every race.  Lots of time for them.

Michael

As a tourist, i'd be thinking long and hard about hiking in the kind of heat you guys are having.  :whistle: :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

NAH

Quote from: Janet on Tue  9 Jul 2013, 21:27
The helicopters are still flying, and the Guardia Civil's mountain group has now been added to the search, as well as dogs with handlers from AEA (Ayuda en emergencias Anaga). JA

Presumably if found they'll be charged for these rescue services?
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

well, not sure, because he went missing yesterday. Presumably he expected to reach base before last night, but got lost or was taken ill. Rescue services were clearly out early today ... we had the first helicopter around 10 this morning ...

The heatwave alerts were for today onwards ...

Janet

The search for the German hiker has resumed within the last half hour. Once again, GES, Bomberos, Policía Local, Guardia Civil and AEA involved in what is now becoming rather a major operation. The 73-year-old has been missing in a Guía de Isora barranco since Monday.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Was just coming on to post that I heard the first helicopter 5 minutes ago and saw Janet's post.  If they know the person is in a barranco do they know which one?  There are only so many in Guía after all.  It is going to be hot again so I hope they find the person.

Janet

I don't know whether they know the specific one, but the emergency services feed is talking in terms that do suggest they have a clear idea of area. It's not the barranco de Erques that's for sure, because they're in the Acojeca-Las Fuentes region ...

Jeremy says that he himself got lost in a barranco one day, not a huge one, and not that far from home either. I couldn't understand ... surely you just follow it downhill ... but he says no, it's very easy. I guess one has to be there to understand, I still don't properly see how it's so difficult ...

And of course if the hiker's had a fall, could be invisible ... hence the dogs, I guess ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

What emergency feed are you listening to?  We tried listening last year during the fires but it was unintelligible.  It would be great to have something which made sense.

Janet

it's a text feed from 112 ... not a radio one.

Janet

Confirmation now that it's the barranco de Niágara above Tejina de Guía between El Jaral and Las Fuentes ....