The Leroy Merlin thread

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Mon 30 Sep 2013, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Mon  7 Oct 2013, 16:52
I understand they now repair Mercedes!!! :021:

God forbid!

Quote from: Perikles on Mon  7 Oct 2013, 16:59
You know, it's quite clear that a complaint to them would just go into the bin. I think the only way forwards would be to complain to their head office wherever that is. I'm thinking of doing that just to let them know that the La Laguna branch is staffed by total arseholes and they need to know. Time for a futile jesture or two methinks.

Well, if you find a way to do it, let me know. 

Is jesture a play on words?  A sort of tragicomic complaint?   

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Mon  7 Oct 2013, 17:29Is jesture a play on words?  A sort of tragicomic complaint?

I could claim it was intentional and a clever wordplay, but in fact someone was calling on Skype and distracted me.

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Mon  7 Oct 2013, 17:29
Well, if you find a way to do it, let me know. 

Here is the page where they invite you to send opinions. It's just possible that a comment to Head Office gets noticed.

Guanche

I can confirm that complaints are looked at. The wife has had reason to complain on a number of occasions. These complaints resulted in one contractor being sacked and possibly another LM employee. After the complaint he was never seen again. I may add they were both total aresholes and deserved all they got!
On other occasions the wife has received letters thanking her. Soon after she had the first employee sacked they installed a queuing system with the numbers from the dispensers on some of the dept. We think that was a direct responce to her complaint.
She had the management system explained to her and it would seem the store is managed by committee with diffrent managers for the morning and evening shifts and changed daily with all employees who are qualified, all ultimately governed from France.....or something like that :undecided:
We have spent thousands there whilst doing up the house so we, well the wife doesn't take any shit!

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Well done to the Guanches.  Hope I can achieve such results.  I also do not take shit, but that is difficult in a foreign language.  Nevertheless I am inspired by your example. 

The management thing sounds very French to me. 

Guanche

I must quickly add that the wife is just as quick to call the duty managers attention to good service. :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Okay, just got off the phone with the woman at the store in La Laguna - the same one I've spoken to on two other occasions.  I brought her up to date on the two further appointments cancelled, said it was unacceptable (response, por supuesto) and what can we do as we have now lost three weeks?  She understands the complaint and was sighing in all the right places.  Now she's taking the complaint to the manager so we'll see what that yields. 

I have all of the 'events' written down so that if I have to use Perikle's link all I have to do is type it in.

Ah hah!  Ana just phoned from the store and the complaint has been kicked up the chain.  She wants to try to get the guy here this afternoon if I understand correctly.  Watch this space.

Guanche

Progress Myrtle! The thing is with (sorry if you already know this) LM and a number of other retailers is that they only use contractors. LM and Ikea sell the stuff and the fitting or delivery is contracted out. If nobody complains then LM don't know theres a problem.
Even in Ikea the people who make the 'Sets' living rooms, kitchens and the like are contractors not employed by Ikea.

I'm beginning to sound like an advert for LM!!! :D

Perikles

Quote from: Guanche on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 14:45nobody complains then LM don't know theres a problem.

Then it's very much up to a good management to contact people directly and ask whether they are satisifed with the contractor. Relying on complaints is just pathetic.