News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

The Leroy Merlin thread

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Mon 30 Sep 2013, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Delderek

My  goodness.  The lengths some people will go to  to have a shower.  Costs me a whole 50p to heat a tank of water.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: GOD on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 19:49
Why is it facing north?

Why don't you go ask your German hiking friend?  For the record, it's south facing.  Sheesh.  Some GOD.

And Delderek, multiquote isn't working so I will say to you that sunshine is free.  Apparently.  One of my neighbours drove by today and I told him we were installing the system and he said he has one too, and that it works casi todos los días and we had a giggle repeating casi todos los días to each other.  Almost every day. 

Early days, stay tuned..............

Perikles

Quote from: Jack O'lantern on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 20:57
Why don't you go ask your German hiking friend?  For the record, it's south facing.  Sheesh.  Some GOD.

If you say so. But why are they are at what seems like 45 degrees? Without thinking about it too much, I would have thought that if our latitude is 28 degrees, which it is, then the maximum efficiency of the heating elements would be achieved by having them also at 28 degrees to the horizontal. Or are they?

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Goodness gracious GOD, one would think you knew something about the subject! :clap:

The placas are at 35 degrees, which is how Junkers specs them for Spain...the peninsula.  Ours should be at 28 degrees as you correctly state, but they don't cater for us.  The good news is that in winter, 35 degrees will improve the performance which is probably a net benefit. 

Perikles

Quote from: Jack O'lantern on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 21:35
Goodness gracious GOD, one would think you knew something about the subject! :clap:

The placas are at 35 degrees, which is how Junkers specs them for Spain...the peninsula.  Ours should be at 28 degrees as you correctly state, but they don't cater for us.  The good news is that in winter, 35 degrees will improve the performance which is probably a net benefit.

Well, I know a little about it, which is why I asked the question. From the photo it was impossible to judge the actual angle, and I'm surprised that it's as low as 35 degrees. As you say, it's probably a net benefit in winter, and in summer there is no point in having an optimum angle because there is far more heat available than you need.  :tiphat: