Death in the morning on the motorway

Started by Janet, Thu 7 Mar 2013, 11:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

No guys, I'm not trying to judge.  I guess I just have a different mindset.  I would go do something.  What is something?  I don't know but would come up with something if I were in that situation.  That probably is the difference someone who would jump off a bridge and someone who wouldn't. 

Guanche

Sorry Myrtle wasn't suggesting you were judging it was just a figure of speech :)  I feel the same as you, I would do anything if I was that desprate even turn to crime :undecided: But I say that from my present (for the moment) comfy position. Who knows what I might do? Would I really commit a crime when push comes to shove? It goes against everything I believe in. Would I do anything? I can only guess.

Janet

crime is what the alternative seems to be taken as ... as far as the statistics indicate.

Nova

I would never throw myself off a motorway bridge.  Too messy and, dare I say it, selfish.  I would try my dad's idea of drinking a bottle of whisky in a hot bath.  If I didn't have a bath or had no money for whisky, I would just go for a very long swim, until I was too exhausted to swim back again even if I wanted to.  But yes, if I felt desperate, with no solution in sight, I would do it.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

poker

If I would be desperate I would move to Tenerife . . . . eu no a lot foreigners already did that and are desperate here . . .  .

I came for the weather .
If I would be desperate I probably would have to move back to Belgium and become a social case in a country that still pays them good .

Nova don't jump I will catch you , drink the whiskey and swim to rescue you , and would probably drown drunk .

Not a good story also , but there is always someone who would want to help to my thougt .
The problem is going out to find help probably for a lot of these pour souls who commit suiside .

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Tue  9 Apr 2013, 15:54
I would never throw myself off a motorway bridge.  Too messy and, dare I say it, selfish. 

And too risky. I knew the friend of a guy who jumped out of a window in a suicide attempt because his girlfriend had dumped him. It failed but did enough damage to confine him to a wheelchair for life.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Yes, like the person Guanche knows.  Just when you thought it could not get any worse, it does, and for a very very long time. 

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Tue  9 Apr 2013, 15:54I would try my dad's idea of drinking a bottle of whisky in a hot bath.

I thought that a cure for something else.  :017: Is it tried and tested? (I'm just curious)

Nova

Quote from: Perikles on Tue  9 Apr 2013, 17:48
I thought that a cure for something else.  :017: Is it tried and tested? (I'm just curious)

I don't even know where he got the idea from, but it sounds like it should make sense.  The whisky is supposed to knock you out so you die of hypothermia as the bathwater goes cold, without knowing anything about it.  It sounds quite pleasant too  :D
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Tue  9 Apr 2013, 17:58
I don't even know where he got the idea from, but it sounds like it should make sense.  The whisky is supposed to knock you out so you die of hypothermia as the bathwater goes cold, without knowing anything about it.  It sounds quite pleasant too  :D

I suspect that all that will happen is that you wake up with the mother of headaches and frozen bodyparts. That, added to the woes that caused you to try it.  At that point, you might indeed jump off a bridge.

A friend of mine jumped off the Severn bridge.  :03: