El Prof's holiday in Tenerife

Started by El Profesor, Sun 2 Sep 2012, 01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

El Profesor

So, after finishing off the wine, we stumbled out into the street ....... into a pack of sheep.
[attachimg=1]
Este sí que es un cabrón
[attachimg=2]
The kids were having fun
[attachimg=3]
All sorts of animals everywhere - big ones
[attachimg=4]

Perikles

El Profesor

El Profesor

And the people all dressed up in rural kit  ...... young and old ...... they weren't there when we went in the bar.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

NAH

Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Guanche

What time did you go Prof? The only reason I ask is that the streets look very empty. We didn't go this year due to another engagement, but we've been every other year and you have to fight your way along the streets due to the crush of people.

El Profesor

Quote from: Guanche on Wed  5 Sep 2012, 21:14
What time did you go Prof? The only reason I ask is that the streets look very empty. We didn't go this year due to another engagement, but we've been every other year and you have to fight your way along the streets due to the crush of people.
This was about 5.30. It starts in about 2 hours.
The battery in my phone ran out when it really got going. But this is the biggest Romeria I've seen .... well, this one or La Orotava.

It got seriously crushed ...... I'd say about a kilometre of floats .....  but by that time the camera was in my pocket and I was full of "Sangria tuneado" ..... if you walk around with a plastic cup people just fill it up. And throw food at you.

Perikles

Quote from: NAH on Wed  5 Sep 2012, 21:02

Try 'flock' of sheep.

I think you have your irony detector switched off.  :cheesy:

El Profesor

I wonder if they will get married one day .........
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

El Profesor

And yes, the streets get pretty packed.
[attachimg=1]
And this was a frequent occurrence, there was just a really nice atmosphere.
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
People drive past on floats giving you food and alcohol. Maybe a potato, a ball gofio with almonds and honey ...... but that pincho was delicious .... thanks mate.