News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Proud to be associated with a cultured region of Spain?

Started by Perikles, Wed 15 Aug 2012, 10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

El Profesor

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 18:27
Perhaps Guanche has a point.  We have the local centro cultural (which any self respecting pueblo must have one of) across the street, and we are being serenaded for FREE!!
Which one is it? My lad is in the Arona one, sometimes they have battle of the bands type concerts. You'll probably find most of the band members are youngsters.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: El Profesor on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 09:13
Which one is it? My lad is in the Arona one, sometimes they have battle of the bands type concerts. You'll probably find most of the band members are youngsters.

Tejina.  I agree with you, they sound like youngsters with one teacher who can actually play.  Hope they're on again this evening.   

We need a horn smiley :7505:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The wind and horn instruments are warming up!  Yippee, another free concert coming up! 

:drum:

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Wed 22 Aug 2012, 18:24
The wind and horn instruments are warming up!  Yippee, another free concert coming up! 

OK - is the horn not a wind instrument?  :closet:

Edit: No, it's brass. Plus wind.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I think maybe we should invest more money in classical music.  Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is on again, and I am getting a little tired of it....

:ecomcity:

Perikles

Tell them to play the second movement - it's much easier

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Must get out the CD and have a listen.  They may even be on to the 2nd movement. 

Anyway, tonight they sounded much more polished, and played other pieces I recognise but can't name.  Pity, I can just about name anything from the 60s or 70s,  but that is the 19xx's. 

:86: :musicboohoo: