News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Almaciga and Chamorga

Started by Lucky, Sat 16 Jul 2016, 09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

I am planing a trip on Monday up t north of the island and was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to stay overnight in close proximity to either Almciga or Chamorga. I must add i will be doing my usual travel with the Titsa bus company.
Thank you. 
Holding up the Standard of Lower GDS.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Lucky, you are going to have to live up to your name on this one I think.  Here's what I got from TripAdvisor: "We're sorry, Almaciga doesn't have any hotels."  Nevertheless it had a few nearby hotels. 

:link:

Do get to the Playa Benijo.  There is a restaurant just above it called El Frontón which has a nice terrace but they are cerrado lunes. 

Take some pics for us! 

Janet

You could try THIS ... it's an albergue (like a walkers' hostel) rather than an hotel ... and it's in the Anaga mountains, so ideally located.

Malteser Monkey

Janet

absolutely, it's just a bit higher than the webcam location.

Janet

An alternative might be THIS ... it's more south coast than north in terms of Anaga, but it's in the national park, in the mountains, and so the right general area. 

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 10:45
You could try THIS ... it's an albergue (like a walkers' hostel) rather than an hotel ... and it's in the Anaga mountains, so ideally located.

@Lucky 

That's the one.  :clap:  It's near El Bailadero.
  I've stayed there. Totally basic, ideal for hikers.

Almáciga isn't far from there walking down to the coast, and Chamorga along the ridge. A round trip would be a long one though, maybe 25 km / 6 hours.

Maybe get the 946 from Santa Cruz to Almáciga, walk up to the albergue (fit?) for the night then along to Chamorga in the morning, then the 947 from there back to S/C .

OR . . . Get the 947 - S/C to Chamorga, walk along to the ridge to the albergue Sleep well. -  In the morning down hill to Almäciga, THIS one looks good a dip in the sea in Benijo and the 946 back to Santa Cruz . . . yeah!  :08:

Lucky

Quote from: Malteser Monkey on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 10:48
http://www.canarylive24.com/#!es-webcam-live-parque-de-anaga/cyi9

The 360 cam on there Janet must be close to the webcam.

@Lucky you can wave :039: :D

Looking a bit misty at 0945 hrs this morning, or is the after effects of my evening in the bars of Lower GDS

Lucky

I'M back home thank you everyone had a wonderful day, more to be revealed later, Could be a long story, Malty do you remember my cruise story from a  few years back?

Malteser Monkey

@Lucky not sure that I do hun - that was a long time ago - can't wait to hear this story

Thought you were staying over ??