News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Burning garden rubbish

Started by Guanche, Sun 19 Apr 2015, 12:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Guanche

Just a quick one. Not sure how many of us have gardens big enough to produce enough rubbish for a bonfire. But for those who do they seem to be charging for the licence now, and are much stricter on conditions. We always get one but until this year they have always been free and are effective for 6 months.

This time the wife had to pay €13 and the condition was that the fire had to be today but only after a call to the Local Police for the go ahead. I had two hours to complete the business after which it had to be extinguished.

Just thought I'd share :tiphat:

Janet

I actually think that this has been the case in most aytos for some time, though I could be wrong ... what has changed, possibly, is that they're enforcing it ...  :undecided:

Guanche

Your probably correct Janet. Although this licence came with a lot more paper work than we had previously received, plus the additional conditions :undecided: Pedro thinks we're round the bend! We get the correct licences for everything, but as I tell the wife 'if somethings going to happen you can guarantee it's going to happen to us' :police:

Michael

You need a license for a bonfire?  :rofl:

Why?  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

When I was living in Germany, we were only allowed to have a bonfire on Thursdays. I thought that was nuts, but thinking about it, it kind of made sense because everybody used to hang out washing, so everybody knew that hanging out washing on a Thursday was not a good idea.