British boxer stabbed on Golf del Sur

Started by Janet, Thu 4 Sep 2014, 12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

After much speculation on social media this morning about an incident in Las Adelfas/Sunningdale Village on the Golf del Sur, Sky News has confirmed that British world champion boxer Kell Brook has been stabbed while on holiday in Tenerife. Sky says that it comes less than a month after the 28-year-old clinched his IBF welterweight with an unexpected defeat of American fighter Shawn Porter. Mr Brook is said to have been stabbed in the leg and is not in danger. JA
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

NAH

That's a bit too close for my liking. I bet we never get to hear what led to the incident though.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Janet

well, indeed it's likely not, but on twitter there has been much speculation on the grounds that this is not the first time he has been stabbed. There are some choice phrases about his character ...

Janet

I've closed the post on my website to comments and archived (not deleted) those already submitted because there's quite a bit of speculation involved, and some of it is somewhat potentially libellous. None the less, apart from those sending best wishes and recognizing that this is unusual for Tenerife, let alone the Golf del Sur, witnesses and neighbours are saying that there was clearly a "party" of sorts which degenerated into a brawl around 7am when the Guardia Civil arrived. The street was soon cordoned off and a further 20 police arrived. The actual original aggression is evidently far from clear, and there is at least one suggestion that the stabbing was carried out in self-defence. All of this is based on comments over the last couple of days, and not officially confirmed one way or another at present. JA

Pelinor

28 years old and been stabbed twice! I must be very lucky to have gone 59 and never been stabbed at all. :whistle:

Janet

That was the basis of one of the more "somewhat potentially libellous" comments .... along with a general conclusion drawn from the normally reduced size in boxing terms of welterweights ...  :whistle:

Pelinor

I think given the information in the press most reasonable people would come to the same conclusion about what happened. But your quite right Janet some people don't have a care as to what they write or who see's it.

Michael

Quote from: Pelinor on Sat  6 Sep 2014, 13:09
28 years old and been stabbed twice! I must be very lucky to have gone 59 and never been stabbed at all. :whistle:

Funnily enough, neither have I.  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

NAH

For anyone that is interested the blood stains on the path outside the apartment and on the corner of the road next to the underground car parking are still clearly visible.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.