News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

New Canary Islands flag

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Sat 21 Jun 2014, 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I would like to propose a contest to design a new Canary Islands flag.  I floated this idea to Perikles when we had had a snootful  several  a couple  one or two glasses of wine one evening and he thought it was a great idea

The proposed rules:

1.  You can use any or none of the current elements of the Canary Islands flag.  The objective is to produce a new flag which represents the essence of the islands.

2.  You can user PowerPoint or paper and crayons and take a photo to upload, whatever you like.  If you can't cope with the technology, find your kids and get them to produce your design in electronic form for you.

3.  Perikles is expressly forbidden from stealing any of my ideas.  If he can remember them.

4.  You can post your entry or entries from 10.00 Saturday the 28th and they should be posted by 18.00 that day.  Unless you're not going to be around, then you can get an extension.  This is to give everybody time to consider and produce their design and prevent plagiarism. 

5.  We can vote on a winner or declare everyone a winner as the members prefer. 

If nobody wants to participate, you still have to wait til next Saturday to see my design.

Anybody interested?

Janet

I think it's a great idea ... and as it happens, only five days ago the Cabildo sent out a press release (HERE's La Opinion's version) looking for "visionaries", ways in which to improve Tenerife. I know you're looking at a Canarian flag, but it could be one of the 100 visionaries the Cabildo's looking for!

I didn't post the press release because I could imagine the feedback about roads, hospitals, making good what's here rather than looking for new ideas ...

But with a new flag ... :D

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 13:483.  Perikles is expressly forbidden from stealing any of my ideas.  If he can remember them.

I remember that they were all brilliant, but that's all.  :dazed:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Here is my entry.

[attach=1]

Perikles

Brilliant. Nit-pick - that looks like a gecko to me, the gallotia galloti lizard would be more accurate.

And yes. we have no banARnas

Janet

Superb flag!! I don't know how to make one, though ...  :017:

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Sat 28 Jun 2014, 14:59
Superb flag!! I don't know how to make one, though ...  :017:

Neither do I, else I might compete, although I can't think how to improve it (yet)

Edit: Dang - looks like we ran out of time.  :banghead: :banghead:

Nova

I love it, Myrtle!!  :clap:

Here's my crappy effort  :tiphat:

[attachimg=1]
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

That's not crappy Nova, I like it.  Very modern and clean.  And I like the colours. 

I went for a gecko in mine as we have them, and the best clipart I could get was for a gecko.

Looks like Nova and I are going to win!!!!

Janet

how do you use clipart??