News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

British man found alive and well after a night’s searching by emergency teams on Teide

Started by Janet, Wed 7 May 2014, 10:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Emergency teams were in action throughout the night in the Teide national park looking for a British man after receiving reports that he had fallen and injured himself while climbing Teide. From midnight, bomberos, search and rescue teams, Cruz Roja and the Guardia Civil were involved in the search, and at 8am, thankfully, he was found with a leg wound but otherwise alive and well by staff at the Teleférico. JA

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

The Guardia Civil is now saying that this man was not equipped adequately for mountain climbing. I suspect that that statement alone is a precursor to a bill being sent out for the rescue, since it is one of the factors specified in the legislation providing for charges to be made for risky activities: see HERE.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Wed  7 May 2014, 16:21
The Guardia Civil is now saying that this man was not equipped adequately for mountain climbing. I suspect that that statement alone is a precursor to a bill being sent out for the rescue, since it is one of the factors specified in the legislation providing for charges to be made for risky activities: see HERE.

Under this legislation, what happens if he skips back to the UK without paying?  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

no idea, to be honest ... could be they'll write it off, or could be they chase him there, though what powers or avenues they would have to do so is anyone's guess.

Perikles

Quote from: Michael on Wed  7 May 2014, 16:49
Under this legislation, what happens if he skips back to the UK without paying?  :undecided:

Send the rescue helicopter after him and kidnap him.  :great:

Michael

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Wed  7 May 2014, 18:35
it's getting at his dosh ...  :017:

Seize his passport?

I'd be surprised if the authorities haven't thought of this possibility.