News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Restaurant recommendation in Costa Adeje?

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Wed 16 Apr 2014, 16:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Some more friends are in town and they are staying at the Iberostar Las Dalias in Costa Adeje.  It is very near the shopping centre where Cutillas the notary is located. 

We are going to meet up with them for a meal.  The problem is the only part of that area I am familiar with is the drag between the Quirón and the shopping centre and I would not be caught dead walking into any of those places. 

The only restaurant I know of which has any sort of reputation there is the Molino Blanco, and we don't want to go there (too €€€).

We need someplace within walking distance as 4 adults and 3 kids, while they could fit into the Merc, would doubtless earn us a traffic citation from the Guardia Civil. 

Help please - suggestions???

Nova

On the outside of that shopping centre, on the main road ground floor, is a pretty good Indian, the name of which escapes me right now. Janet might remember it. She identified the chicken as being from Makro but the spices and flavours are good and they don't overdo the oil.

Of course, there's Roy's pizza/tandoori too up the hill behind Iceland.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

can't remember, wasn't it the Nawab? ... but there are better options around there than the Indians, unless that's exactly what's wanted. The problem I'm having is that there is a restaurant spot on for walking distance, but if the Molino is too "rich" for the purse, this will certainly be over the top. This is El Patio, in the Jardin Tropical hotel. It is up there with the best reputation of any restaurant in Tenerife, and literally just "down the road" from the Las Dalias hotel (see map below).

So, back on planet earth, I can't speak from personal experience, I'm afraid, but someone who likes their food recommends Verdes as consistently good. It's on the main road opposite the CC, opposite Property Alliance on the map below.

If Chinese is a possibility, there is the original Slow Boat down in Puerto Colon ... just go down the hill past the Jardin Tropical to the port and then follow the signs. Might have to queue ... because it is reckoned to be the best Chinese on the island. I think that that honour goes to one in Las Américas, but it's a close run thing.

It's the walking distance that is the problem, plus children. If not Chinese, and not " too rich", then I guess Verdes, but I stress I haven't been there and am relying on others' opinions.

edit: slightly pushing it for walking distance perhaps depending on children's ages, but there's Harleys, a sort of sub-Hard Rock Cafe. Just walk towards La Pinta, and it's on the left as you're going downhill.

edit 2: forgot Carlos! From Las Dalias turn right to walk along the front of the CC, and then turn left at the end (rather than going straight on down the hill towards Harleys). Carlos is (or at least was) halfway down there, under Club Atlantis. Very good reputation indeed, and "moderate" prices. Again, this is others' recommendations.

[attachimg=1]

Nova

Yeah I only know the Indians  :giggle:  and yes, Nawab!  :great:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

[ot]I remember in Wales once having to remind myself of the name of an Indian restaurant to make a booking. I knew the address, so taking the Yellow pages, I tried to avoid the Law of Sod by searching backwards in the incredibly long list of restaurants in the Swansea area. Thousands of them. It took me ages, until I eventually found it: Abdels Indian Restaurant.  :banghead: :banghead:[/ot]

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Brilliant, thanks guys.  I think it'll be Harley's or Verdes.  The kids are roughly 12, 10 and 5, so the style of food will suit them down to the ground I would have said.  They are from the UK so Indian and Chinese would not stand up to expectations I fear. 

Janet

Slow Boat would, for the Chinese ... would stand up to any UK comparison ... but the Indians wouldn't. Harleys does sound the best, though!

Michael

My family ate in Harley's once. 4 different dishes, but we all came to the same conclusion, way too salty. And that was pre-heart attack when I went salt free.

Just sayin'.  :undecided:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

As suspected, we ended up at Harley's.  Had I known about eating outside in the Cadillac and booking it in advance, I would have done it.  We had to wait half an hour for a table which could accommodate the 7 of us, but that was okay as it was at the opposite side of the restaurant to the band, with lots of sound absorbing stuff in between us.

People happily tucked into burgers, hot dogs, nachos and salads (the two ladies).  The five-year-old requested his favourite, which is bread and vinegar - he dunks the bread into the vinegar - and happily coloured his way through the meal.  Later on he had ice cream, but not before he met half the restaurant and had them all captivated.  This kid was a natural crowd pleaser at three, unafraid to strike up a conversation with anyone at any time, and nothing has changed.  Lots of people came up and said goodbye to our table as they left.  This kid is going to be a great entertainer or a politician some day. 

Thanks again Janet, great suggestion. 

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

We have friends coming to town this weekend so I am looking for another restaurant recommendation in Costa Adeje.  These people are staying at the Iberostar Grand Hotel Salome, which is near the CC Plaza del Duque.  This is an area I do not know at all, except that I think it is very touristy and overpriced.  I'd like to find something a bit more authentic and reasonable. 

Any ideas?