Need a ratchet screwdriver...

Started by Nova, Thu 27 Mar 2014, 20:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Any ideas where I can get a ratchet screwdriver quickly first thing in the morning?  The hardware shop next to me didn't even know what I was talking about.  I've done 16 of the critter screws with a manual screwdriver and my wrist is killing me already with another 20 to fit just from the same furniture item!!!  I need a ratchet.....
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Pete

Or an electric one. Failing that, bigger hammer :D

Nova

An electric one would be useful but in Tenerife would probably cost a fortune - and I'm hesitant because I've never used one.  I'm desperate though as I have a living room 2/3 taken up with flat pack furniture to assemble and much of it requires a screwdriver in addition to the Allen keys supplied.

[ot]I once met somebody called Alan Key  :D[/ot]
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

NAH

With that much flat pack to assemble a rechargeable screwdriver would definitely be the answer. If you'd only asked last week you could have borrowed mine.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

:rainbow: Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership and IKEA!!! :rainbow:

El Profesor

Rachet screwdriver? . . . that's a bit 19th century!
A rechargeable thingy would be a good investment: I had one but it broke, otherwise I'd lend it to you.
Good luck.

Pete

The one thing about having a manual vs an electric screwdriver is that manually you can feel when it's tight enough because the physical feedback tells you how it's doing, as you can overtighten things.

Delderek

Quote from: Pete on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:07
The one thing about having a manual vs an electric screwdriver is that manually you can feel when it's tight enough because the physical feedback tells you how it's doing, as you can overtighten things.

But most of them do have an adjustable clutch that overcomes this.

NAH

Quote from: Pete on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 14:07

Quote from: Delderek on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 15:37

But most of them do have an adjustable clutch that overcomes this.

With that in mind you can always do the last little turn by hand when the screw is nearly home. That is no excuse not to use a powered driver.
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Pete