Arona police close "classic English pub" for illegal gambling

Started by Janet, Tue 4 Mar 2014, 09:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

There's been a somewhat aerated response to the post on FB from a rather stupid woman, but she claims to cook in the Highlander. It does seem it was that bar.

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

in the post on my timeline ...

[attachimg=1]

Janet

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edit: Where the hell is 'verrukas'? Is that local slang for Veronicas?  :giggle:

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I believe the first bar to be closed, which an employee on Facebook identified as the Highlander in Parque de la Paz (Playa de las Américas), remains closed, and now Diario de Avisos is reporting that Arona policia local closed another "gambling bar" only yesterday.  The paper says that the establishment took illegal bets on horse races and other sports, and that both closures are part of a municipal offensive to avoid tourists being "unduly affected" by the "irregularities" caused by such crime. 

As with the Highlander, this new bar has been cordoned off, and is likely to remain closed for some time. It is as yet unnamed, but said to be in a commercial centre in Avenida Londres, Los Cristianos, the dual carriageway that runs from El Mirador down past Victoria Court to the CC Bahia. Police say that they disturbed betting taking place and seized €1,000; one of those present was carrying no documentation and so was handed over to the national police.  JA