News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Tenerife to lead new “EU Sky Route” astrotourism project, a key “niche market”

Started by Perikles, Fri 3 Jan 2014, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Guanche

I think the meeting in April 2015 will be the end of the project as It was set to run for about 18 months. It will be interesting to read what they actually achieved. Seems they have gone from stargazing to ruin gazing and volcano gazing :017:

OK I know I'm being a bit hard and negative here but why did the EU have to get involved when Spain has two of the three things in buckets, stars and volcano's. Why didn't Spain or more importantly the Canaries go it alone in advertising these holidays. We don't want the tourist to go anywhere else! We want them here, all of them:)

Maybe I'm missing the point I tend to grow blinkers at the mention of the EU  :angryoldman: But to be fair this is a fairly cheap project as far a EU projects go.

Janet

The point is that it will be promoted EU-wide so reaching a specific target audience that Spain couldn't reach other than by spending millions ...

Guanche

I know I'm being bloody minded Janet, but someone is still going to have to spend millions.