News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Taxi drivers get Cabildo backing for immediate clampdown on “airport runs” in tourist areas

Started by Janet, Wed 30 Oct 2013, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

The Tenerife Cabildo has committed itself today to helping the taxi sector, and in a meeting held in Santa Cruz has agreed an action plan, to be put into place immediately, against "unfair competition". After the meeting, between the Cabildo and representatives of taxi drivers from the main tourist municipalities, the Cabildo said that it will strengthen its inspections, and create permanent collaborative protocols involving local police and the relevant Ayuntamientos. A technical committee is also being established to notify the industry of all records affecting them, and to oversee training for inspection and disciplinary procedures: the committee will meet weekly, and start immediately. Between them, they say they are determined to get tough against uninsured and illegal airport transfers and the like. JA

Michael

Perhaps driving lessons for some of the taxi drivers might be a good idea as well?  :whistle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

yeah, I know, and price checks ... but the bottom line is they have the SP licence, and the law on their side ... and they're insured ...

Delderek

Insured and legal they maybe, but from my own observations 90% are bandits, and can be bloody aggressive if you don't pay what they want