News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

International Beauty Life Tenerife Clinic "fake" doctor under arrest

Started by aspasia, Sat 31 Mar 2012, 16:15

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

National Police from the Drugs and Organized Crime Unit (Udyco) yesterday arrested a 39-year-old Italian on suspicion of falsification of documents, posing as a qualified doctor, and injury.

The detention was the result of several denuncias made by women who had been attended by Daniele S.T., who operated from the International Beauty Life Tenerife Clinic in Calle la Lava, Callao Salvaje, and where it seems he gave consultations on plastic surgery and facial laser treatment.

According to the press, it appears that this supposed doctor did not have the qualifications for these procedures and the National Police found no record of him in the Colegio Oficial de Médicos de Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Moreover, there seems to be no registration either in the Italian Medical College, the Federazione Nazionale Ordina Medici Chiruhi e Odontoiatri. Police apparently checked a number in that College but it corresponded to a Francesco Taddei, an anaesthetist from Parma.

On the 20th just gone, work inspectors went to the clinic, the second time in the last four months, and asked for his medical documentation. Police studied the paperwork supplied, which included a diploma from Trinity Institute of Christian Counselling ...

The International Beauty Life Clinic offered more than just plastic surgery and facial laser treatment, with general medicine and nursing treatment also available. The Clinic recently held a party to celebrate its first anniversary and what its website says are 1,200 clients. Future projects were to include another centre in Adeje and in north Tenerife, as well as a "hospital and geriatric centre" of some 18,000 square metres near El Médano.

During the search of the Callao Salvaje clinic, which took several hours and at which Court officers were present, police searched for any medications held on the premises, something for which the clinic is not authorized. This investigation is ongoing and the doctor is currently in police custody in the Comisaría in Playa de las Américas. JA

Nova

Scary stuff!  I wonder how many more doctors are practising without qualifications round here!
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Sabrinova on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 16:21Scary stuff!  I wonder how many more doctors are practising without qualifications round here!
I doubt whether there are any Spanish ones, because their qualifications can be easily checked. But the idea that someone could submit a certificate from an obviously scam foreign outfit (a 5 second google search is enough), and work for a year on that basis, really is scary.

It used to be quite a routine event that British doctors who had been struck off the medical register for whatever reason went and practised in Spain. They could of course submit evidence of having qualified, but forget the rest.

aspasia

This alleged fake doctor has now been imputed, which means he has been named as a formal suspect. Today's press confirms that 39-year-old Italian D. S., has been released while imputed on four counts of criminal deception, falsification of public documents, masquerading as a doctor, and committing acts against public health.

DA says that the case has shocked Adeje given that the clinic, International Beauty Life Tenerife, has been widely welcomed for its cosmetic surgery offers, and that the supposed doctor passed the night in the police station, as I reported yesterday. He has now been released by Arona Court 4 judge, Nelson Díaz Frías, who rejected public prosecutor requests to remand him in custody. He must, however, report to police every Friday and whenever the judge might additionally require, and his passport has been confiscated, while the case is investigated. JA

aspasia

or even ... International Beauty Life T E N E R I F E .....  :021:

:cheesy:

Nova

—————

Nova

Check the rest of it too - it uses A R E instead of I S  :cheesy:

—————

aspasia

Nova

Look at your post on the Good Morning thread as well - no Ufffff today  ;)

—————