Radio stations in Tenerife

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Tue 8 Oct 2013, 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Recently I have noticed a very annoying problem on both Horizon and Atlantis. 

Let's say Song A is playing, and shortly the ads and the news are to come on.  Song A finishes and the ad starts, only to be interrupted by 3-7 seconds of some part of Song A, then the ad is broadcast again.  It may pick up where it left off, or it may start from the point it did after Song A originally finished.  No matter, it is on for a few seconds then Song A chimes in again.  Then the ad.  Then Song A.

I find it so distracting I have to either find a decent station or turn off the radio.

Anybody else experienced this?

On another note, while this happened in the car the other day I picked up a station from Barcelona that transmits here too.  It is a Spanish language station called something like Mooradio (sorry with distance glasses on I cannot read the display) and they play about 95% English language rock and pop from the 70s-90s.  Unfortunately I could only pick them up between around San Isidro and Santa Cruz.

Michael

That would do my bloody head in. I couldn't listen to a channel that did it.

Mind you, i'm fussy. Many years ago I was listening to the radio and Steve Wright (Radio 2 these days) talked the whole way through Long Distance Information by Chuck Berry.

I haven't listened to any programme of his since.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

El Profesor

Quote from: Michael on Sat  8 Nov 2014, 21:35
That would do my bloody head in. I couldn't listen to a channel that did it.

Mind you, i'm fussy. Many years ago I was listening to the radio and Steve Wright (Radio 2 these days) talked the whole way through Long Distance Information by Chuck Berry.

I haven't listened to any programme of his since.

That must have been a long time ago. That' song wouldn't be allowed on the radio these days, imagine what the DM would say.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Here's a weird one:  I was driving north to Los Realejos today.  When I got to Ruigómez, I had either Horizon or Atlantis on the radio, and switched to the other one as the signal was fading.  As I began listening I got very confused because the station  was broadcasting in Portuguese.  Does anybody know anything about that? 

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I considered that the station was from Madeira but thought that as it was FM it wasn't possible.  Later I consulted with Señor Radioaficionado (OH) who believes it probably was from there.  It is entirely possible if they are broadcasting from on high given that I was at altitude. 

I simply could not believe there was any demand for a Portuguese language station in Tenerife.