Radio stations in Tenerife

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Tue 8 Oct 2013, 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I have always been appalled at the selection and play lists and lack of professionalism of Tenerife radio stations.  If I were an advertiser, I would never use them.  (Remembering how Coast used to play Goyo's ads for saving money "this winter" in April, or promo ads that were two months expired.)

Coast in particular was always in a bad way.  Transmitter not working half the time.  No news when it was supposed to come on at the top of the hour (Sky).  They changed frequencies so often I simply could not keep up with them. Their coverage in the west in particular was awful.  Now I can't get them in and when I checked the web site, got this:

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED

IF THIS IS YOUR WEB PAGE PLEASE ARRANGE PAYMENT

Now, I seem to be able to get in Horizon and something called Cope I think.  I can also get in Mega Welle which is really awful.  I don't seem to get Atlantis or Qfm or anything else. 

It drives me crazy not being able to get any radio in the car.  I want live radio, not to listen to albums. 

What is everyone else doing?

El Profesor

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 12:50

What is everyone else doing?
It's Radio 3 for me 95.4 Mhz every time . . . . .  whenever I listen to the radio in the car . . . . which isn't too often because I download specific programmes and music for my own tastes.
But Radio 3 never fail to surprise me . . . and delight me; it's very eclectic.

Then there's Radio Clásica 92.6 Mhz . . . . wonderful for those moments. But I listen to that more at home  -  not really driving music for me.

Radio Nacional were one of the things that Spain could be really proud of, until the PP screwed up all the information and news channels . . . . but the music is still untouched, they let them do their thing.
And, of course, they don't have any adverts . . . I fucking hate fucking adverts they drive me round the fucking bend.

Perikles

Quote from: El Profesor on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 13:56I fucking hate fucking adverts they drive me round the fucking bend.

:rofl: Have you noticed that Skype has really annoying adverts? Then very often up pops a little box which says "Did you like this advert? Click here if you did" There is no box to express your above opinion, which I imagine is shared by almost everybody. Very frustrating.

Edit: They've changed it. It now says "¿Te gusta este anuncio? Envíanos tu opinión." Suggestions please.

Nova

I don't listen to the radio. I changed the CD in my car today for the first time in about two years. It's been playing the same Dusty CD on repeat. Now I. Have Cher 3614 Jackson Highway, which I had before the Dusty CD. It won't last two years because there's only about 8 songs on it, but I should get a couple of months out of it at least before I'm ready to switch to Dusty again  :)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

I don't listen to the radio either, apart from the 20 minutes or so of Radio Adeje Sur before I'm on when I'm being interviewed. Apart from that, nothing.

Delderek

Quote from: Nova on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 18:13
I don't listen to the radio. I changed the CD in my car today for the first time in about two years. It's been playing the same Dusty CD on repeat. Now I. Have Cher 3614 Jackson Highway, which I had before the Dusty CD. It won't last two years because there's only about 8 songs on it, but I should get a couple of months out of it at least before I'm ready to switch to Dusty again  :)

Really disappointed in you, with all your tech knowledge, why can't you link your Iphone to the car radio

Michael

Quote from: Nova on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 18:13

Buy a multi changer, then you need never change them again.  :great:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

Quote from: Delderek on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 18:30
Really disappointed in you, with all your tech knowledge, why can't you link your Iphone to the car radio

Because I have an old fashioned car that doesn't have an auxiliary input for that sort of thing.  I would need an iTrip or similar radio transmitter, which I have tried but with all the radio stations in Tenerife crammed into the airwaves I was lucky if I found a free frequency at all but then couldn't drive ten yards down the road without picking up another radio station and having to change the frequency again.

Quote from: Michael on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 18:32
Buy a multi changer, then you need never change them again.  :great:

Heehee, yeah 'cos it's really worth it for how often I change my CDs - when I said I've had the same CD on a loop for the last two years I really wasn't exaggerating - it was actually a conservative estimate  :giggle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

NAH

I wondered why I was hearing Horizon radio on 'Tune In' on my iPhone when it said 'Coast FM'
Never ride faster than your angel can fly.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: NAH on Tue  8 Oct 2013, 22:39
I wondered why I was hearing Horizon radio on 'Tune In' on my iPhone when it said 'Coast FM'

Well that is interesting.  I can't tell if it is the same frequency but the style is nearly identical to Coast's.