News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Now rare sighting of cayuco with illegal immigrants this afternoon in Las Galletas

Started by Janet, Sat 24 Aug 2013, 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

We can count on one hand the number of cayucos or pateras that have arrived in Tenerife over the last three years, but one arrived with illegal immigrants shortly after 5.30pm this afternoon. It was intercepted near Las Galletas harbour and has been towed to Los Cristianos. All on board are said to have been in good health. JA

Nova

Maybe I was too late or maybe the first row buildings were blocking my view...  I've been up to the roof - both sides - and I can see nothing.  I did see two boats quite far out to sea, one of which looks a similiar shape to the rescue boat, but if they're headed portwards they are not in a hurry and a good way off.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

they're heading off to Los Cristianos now it turns out. Well, if they wanted to escape notice, the San Casiano fiesta wasn't the time to do it!! :D

Nova

Absolutely, I thought they were brave turning up for the fiesta, unless they had come all this way just for some crappy loud music and a hot-dog  :giggle:

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Hope they send the useless fuckers back to wherever they came from.

Michael

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 22:47
Hope they send the useless fuckers back to wherever they came from.

Don't hold back now Myrtle.  :giggle:

There was a picture of that boat on FB earlier. I can't find it now.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

This is the best image I can find of the boat, still tied to the lifeboat which towed it to port, with the immigrants already on land ...

Nova

Here's the picture in case you're having trouble viewing it - it doesn't seem to want to embed for some reason  :undecided:

[attachimg=1]

—————

Michael

That's not the one I saw but it is as good as or better.  :great:

Just as a technical aside, I couldn't see Janet's until I hit 'refresh'.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: