News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Rubbish times ...

Started by Janet, Thu 8 Aug 2013, 17:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Arona Ayuntamiento has announced an investment of some €12m in the borough's public roads and refuse collection points to ensure the area is kept clean. The council says, however, that for the money to be most effective, the public needs to use the basura points properly, and analysis shows that this is often not the case. Prominent among the examples of misuse is the time that rubbish is deposited, and the council says that it will be passing a new bylaw increasing existing fines for this offence, which go from €60 to €600. I think it's possible, though, that not too many people know that there are set times when rubbish may be taken out.

In Arona,  rubbish hours are from 8pm to midnight, and rubbish must be taken out in closed bags. In Adeje, the hours are 9pm to midnight, and rubbish must be in closed biodegradable bags. Guía de Isora is after 8pm in closed rubbish bags – ie not carrier bags. In San Miguel, hours are 9pm to 11pm, with rubbish in closed bags. Granadilla is not before 8pm in winter, and not before 9pm in summer, and rubbish must be bagged.

These are the few Ayuntamientos I've checked, but the message is quite consistent. Rubbish must always be bagged, some areas being more specific about the type of bag than others, and the bags must be closed. It must also always be deposited in the evenings – the earliest allowed is 8pm in Arona, Guía de Isora and Granadilla in winter. JA

Nova

I knew there was a time window but it's a pain in the ass.  The only times convenient for me to take my rubbish out are just before 8am upon setting out for work or 3.30-4pm upon leaving work.  Later would mean getting dressed especially to go out with the rubbish at the time I least want to be leaving my building alone.  It's ridiculous!  Do we have any idea why there are time restrictions imposed?
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

smell, rats ... that type of thing ...

Janet

Of course, the times were set when there were daily collections. Makes a bit of a mockery out of the bylaws now that they're every few days, or even twice a week - which is what we now have!

Nova

That really does.  If they're not going to collect it for three days then who cares what time it's put there  ::)

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

I ignore the deposit times as do most of my neighbours.

Delderek

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Thu  8 Aug 2013, 18:49
I ignore the deposit times as do most of my neighbours.

Mercs have to be left out before midnight :kissing2:

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Thu  8 Aug 2013, 17:14
In Arona,  rubbish hours are from 8pm to midnight, and rubbish must be taken out in closed bags. In Adeje, the hours are 9pm to midnight, and rubbish must be in closed biodegradable bags. Guía de Isora is after 8pm in closed rubbish bags – ie not carrier bags. In San Miguel, hours are 9pm to 11pm, with rubbish in closed bags. Granadilla is not before 8pm in winter, and not before 9pm in summer, and rubbish must be bagged.

I really can't remember when I last read such a load of old bollocks.  ::)

I've only stayed in an apartment 4 times when i've been there but this is the first i've heard of this. Not only that, but judging by the state of the basuras i've seen, the deposit times are the least of their problems.  ::)
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Thu  8 Aug 2013, 19:30
Mercs have to be left out before midnight :kissing2:

Don't think it wouldn't have been if I could have lifted it into the bin!

Nova

I just had a scare!  I came out with rubbish bag in hand to drop it into the bins. As I rounded the corner I saw 1- the rubbish truck, 2- the bin man leaning against the wall opposite the rubbish truck, 3- the bins replaced with a jacket potato stand for the fiesta. Oops!  I froze for a moment wondering what my best plan of action was to avoid a fine, then the bin man asked "Basura?"  Si I replied rather sheepishly. He took the bag from me and threw it in the truck, then he showed me where the bins have been moved to!!!  Thank you  :great:

—————