Second fatal teenage car crash in a week

Started by Janet, Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

It was exactly a week ago today that I made THIS post about a fatal car accident involving teenagers, and now today there is another. A 16-year-old lad has died and four others of between16 and 19 have been injured, none seriously, when a car overturned just before 3.30am on the southbound TF1 at Barranco Hondo near Candelaria. Two of the injured needed hospital treatment and were taken to HUC, but paramedics could do no more for the 16-year-old than confirm his death at the scene. JA

Briz

Which shows how right the insurance companies are to make premiums higher for the inexperienced driver

Michael

I hope the driver gets the book thrown at him/her.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

The poor young victim of this latest fatal accident has been named as Christian Acosta Castro from Puertito de Güímar. He would have been 17 in September. It has been confirmed that neither he, nor Vanesa Mendoza and Katherine Beatriz Rumbos, the two girls who died in the Puerto Santiago crash last weekend, were wearing seatbelts. All were killed as a direct result. Hopefully, while the two communities are grieving, their deaths will at least make other youngsters aware of the need to wear seatbelts, and thereby avoid further similar tragedies. JA