Fiesta discussion

Started by Nova, Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

It's interesting how many seem to have little good to say about them. Guanche is right that it is a major issue in Santa Cruz at carnaval, but of course since carnaval was banned by Franco it's a political hot potato to do anything about it ... but it is not liked by very many.

And elsewhere, they cause distress and nuisance to many ...

so who the hell is it that wants them? and why do they continue?

Nova

If I find a local in favour of the fiesta I will ask them, but I haven't met one yet...
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

politics and the church is the direction to look in, if you ask me ...

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

The church?  The only people who go to church in my town are well over the age of 70 and there can't be more than a dozen of them.  Not a major influence I think.

Janet

As an institution, I mean, rather than an individual parish. It has enormous political influence in Spain ... and even moreso when the PP is in power. Nothing related to the church can change without major upheaval, and the fiestas are all religiously-rooted.

Nova

This racket's far too loud for a baby - my boys are under the sofa terrified.  And they've just let off some bastard fireworks  :gonnagetit:

Edit:  Oh of course, it's the crowning of the fiesta queen!  That's why some teenage girls have just been gyrating on stage in skimpy leotards to a packed crowd and a table of pervs with a close-up view masquerading as judges  :-X

—————

Nova

Just because you go on a stage wearing black clothes and a red wig doesn't make you a rock bitch, and just because you belt out Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't mean you're hitting all the notes....  ::)

—————

poker

Its calm with us in Silencio they have all left to the fiesta in Galettas .
Ohhhh piece and qwiet finaly after a noizy summer in the complex .
Hope they fiesta the whole weekend .
If it all gets to mutch nova you know its qwiet here . :)

Nova

:P

Have you room for three of us?  :D

—————

poker

Yes but i doubt if my cats and piggies would mix friendly . :-[
With poker the lazy cat it would go but with the red cat ? He comes often home with dead mice he catched . . . .

I used to have a piggy years ago and we had cats , cant remember how that went now ?