Fiesta discussion

Started by Nova, Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Even sober though, driving at that time of the morning there'll be tiredness and the intoxication of merry-making at the fiesta.  I'm still not suggesting the occupants of the car were to blame but there can be many factors at play other than alcohol.  It is very sad.

Bloody fiestas should be banned, or at least finish at a reasonable time such as midnight  :scowl:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

sgd

Quote from: Nova on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:40
Bloody fiestas should be banned, or at least finish at a reasonable time such as midnight  :scowl:

Sorry, I know I don't add much to this forum, but I can't accept this comment!

What next, ban going outside in case something happens? Better not stay in the house in case something happens. Life is for living and unfortunatley things like this happen from time to time, some are avoidable, some are not.

To talk about banning fiestas ... well, I have to say I am surprised and disappointed at this comment!

(This is not to take away the sadness of the incident in this post, nor any other accidents that happen)

sgd

Nova

It's good to see you joining in  :great:

My comment may be biased by the fact that the fiesta currently underway in Las Galletas has me close to suicide.  Right now I would give anything to see them banned.  That is however a very personal viewpoint caused by my apartment vibrating with the bass from 12noon until 4.30am and it's driving me mental, especially while I'm grieving and just need quiet time alone with Archie and my own thoughts.  As such you're probably right that my comment isn't really relevant to this thread, but it is how I feel nonetheless.

—————

sgd

Sorry for your loss, Nova.

You have to remember though that Fiestas are very much a part of the culture of the place where we have decided and been allowed to live.

We too have lived in very close proximity of these events, previously in Valle San Lorenzo and in recent years in the centre of Los Cristianos.  The noise can be massive, but also the enjoyment of the many people taking part and celebrating life is also fantastic, from the very youngest being pushed around or carried through to the oldest (and boy I have seen some very old individuals at some) who will have taken part in hundreds of fiestas in their lifetime.

We love it, however we also know a couple of people that do move away for the time of the Fiestas, there is always a way :)

Take care and be happy

sgd

El Profesor

How about just banning the one in Las Galletas?

Nova

Excellent idea Prof  :08:

Just for the record, I didn't "decide" to come to Tenerife, I was paid to come here.  I would never have chosen this weather or this culture.  I don't like sunshine, heat or noise and I don't like going outside to find my car has been used as an ashtray in the night with obscenities written in the dust on the bonnet  :-X

Edit:  Sorry for being a grumpy bitch, I should be better next weekend when I should manage some sleep....

—————

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:35I don't like sunshine, heat or noise and I don't like going outside to find my car has been used as an ashtray in the night with obscenities written in the dust on the bonnet

There are places on this island which don't overlook a fiesta grandstand, and where nobody writes on your car (probably because they are illiterate).  :whistle:

Nova

Quote from: sgd on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:37
To talk about banning fiestas ... well, I have to say I am surprised and disappointed at this comment!

Derailing this topic even further - sorry - I'm still pondering this remark.  Of course you're more than welcome to disagree with anything I say, this forum is all about discussion after all, but I'm puzzled about your choice of words.  To say you are "surprised and disappointed" with my comment suggests an obligation, that I owe something to somebody to think or express myself a certain way.  Maybe you didn't mean that but please can you explain?

—————

sgd

Well, I guess surprised because I didn't realise that you felt the way you do about the place that you live and disappointed that you feel you can suggest such a change the culture of the place that you choose to live just because it is inconvenient for you.  You may have been paid to come here, but I am guessing that no one is forcing you to stay and live in a place that obviously is not your ideal place to be. Life is too short to be so unhappy, if you can, put it right :)

Briz

Quote from: sgd on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 08:08
Well, I guess surprised because I didn't realise that you felt the way you do about the place that you live and disappointed that you feel you can suggest such a change the culture of the place that you choose to live just because it is inconvenient for you.  You may have been paid to come here, but I am guessing that no one is forcing you to stay and live in a place that obviously is not your ideal place to be. Life is too short to be so unhappy, if you can, put it right :)

Good point if I was unhappy with my place of abode then I would move. The biggest problem comes if you can't sell your property without loosing a large amount of money.