News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Medical test protocol in the Canaries

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Tue 2 Jul 2013, 12:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

This morning I went to the lab for a blood test at opening time and while waiting to be seen noticed the doc had also ordered a urinalysis.  When it was my turn the woman asked where my sample was.  Well of course I was still holding on to it so to speak.  I asked where to get a container and she reached under the counter and gave me one; when I asked where I was supposed to get one from she said the pharmacy or some other place.  I was astounded as I have never heard of providing one's own container for a urine sample due to possible contamination. 

So the question is:  is this normal protocol to source your own container? 

On another note, I would like to air a small rant about the Spanish love of timed lights in bathrooms.  As I was dutifully transferring my sample from myself to the container, the goddamned light went out!  Have you ever tried to neatly pee into a cup in the pitch black while holding the lid?  Ridiculous. 

Michael

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Tue  2 Jul 2013, 12:59

On another note, I would like to air a small rant about the Spanish love of timed lights in bathrooms.  As I was dutifully transferring my sample from myself to the container, the goddamned light went out!  Have you ever tried to neatly pee into a cup in the pitch black while holding the lid?  Ridiculous.

Sorry, but  :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think the container would be sterile anyway, regardless of where you got it. I got one from Boots in this country once. It wasn't sealed either.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

not normal. I would expect the same in the private as in the state system ... the provision of a small sealable container itself contained in a sealed plastic bag.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

It was a sealable container in a sealed plastic bag.  That's fine; in future I will simply go in and ask for my container first.

Perikles

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Tue  2 Jul 2013, 12:59Have you ever tried to neatly pee into a cup in the pitch black while holding the lid? 

Actually, yes, and I'm quite good at it. Hardly a fair comparison though.  :tiphat: :giggle:

I don't even have to split my infinitive to do it.  ;)

poker

Ms poker always got a container from the docter i beleave and then did her first morning pee at home and took to with her for the blood test .
Never had to buy one ?
Are they saving again more with the crisis ?

Nova

I can never pee in those damn things light or dark.  I can sit there for twenty minutes without success, then as soon as I give up and put the container away I wee!  Pause, grab the container and spend another twenty minutes sitting there because I've frozen up again ::)  Repeat until I'm late for wherever else I have to be by which time I've peed all I can and still have an empty bloody container  :giggle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Briz

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Tue  2 Jul 2013, 12:59
This morning I went to the lab for a blood test at opening time and while waiting to be seen noticed the doc had also ordered a urinalysis.  When it was my turn the woman asked where my sample was.  Well of course I was still holding on to it so to speak.  I asked where to get a container and she reached under the counter and gave me one; when I asked where I was supposed to get one from she said the pharmacy or some other place.  I was astounded as I have never heard of providing one's own container for a urine sample due to possible contamination. 

Most UK Chemists stock sterile containers suitable for urine tests.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Thanks, next time I have friends coming down I'll ask them to bring me some.