ChalkCat uses cookies in order to function correctly.
To find out more about cookies as well as our monetization experiment, see our privacy notice.
To accept cookies from ChalkCat click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New national Government law to “roll out the red carpet” for businesses in Spain

Offline Janet

As part of its planned new law to “roll out the red carpet for entrepreneurs”, the national government will extend the list of those businesses which do not need a municipal opening licence. From May, undertakers, recreational businesses, and driving schools will not need an opening licence. Those already exempt include textile manufacturers, the paper and printing industry, jewelery makers, shoe repair workshops, watches and photographic businesses, art restorers, bicycle or car rental establishments, educational establishments and libraries, and recreational and cultural services.

In addition, the existing limit for space under which a licence is not required, i.e. 300 square metres, is to be increased to 500 square meters. A new subject, “entrepreneurship”, will also be introduced into the school curriculum, to create interest and expertise from a young age. A new format of Sociedad Limitada de Formación Sucesiva (SLFS) will be introduced, with no minimum capital investment requirement, and there is a possibility that the procedures for setting up limited companies will be streamlined, and the introduction of entrepreneurial service points in electronic and physical form where all necessary business arrangements can be conducted in one place.

Various simplified fiscal measures will also be introduced, and I’ll post a link to the new law as soon as it’s on the statute book, expected to be later this month. JA
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Janet

Well, whatever they've done, or are doing, it's not working.

Spain ranks 142 out of 189 countries in terms of how easy it is to set up a business, the World Bank reported on Tuesday. That puts Spain behind countries like Kazakhstan and Rwanda. ...

Critics have good reason to be negative about the business climate in Spain in 2014, as the World Bank downgraded the Iberian nation in seven of the nine categories of evaluation compared to last year’s rankings. These include resolving insolvency (-2), enforcing contracts (-1), protecting investors (3), getting credit (-3), registering property (-4), dealing with property (-7), starting a business (-6) and paying taxes (-34).

Taking all the categories into account, Spain dropped eight places in the World Bank’s annual ‘Doing Business’ study. Why is it so hopeless? Is it because fixing the problems would mean fewer opportunities for brown envelopes or favouritism?

:link:

Offline Prof

• likes bananas
Why is it so hopeless? Is it because fixing the problems would mean fewer opportunities for brown envelopes or favouritism?

from another thread -

Tis a load of bollocks, nothing has changed. It is still impossible to do anything in this country.

The parasites would rather be the parasites of a sick animal than purge the beast and cure it.

Ireland . . . now that's a different story, up and away.

Offline Janet

yes, I was thinking exactly of your post when I was typing that!

Offline Prof

• likes bananas
They were tentatively advocating an uprising on "Salvados".(link)  I think some sort of democratic participation and accountability is the only solution. They have neither in this country.

Offline Janet

That, with Brand in the UK .....

:escapejar:

Offline Pelinor

• Forum old Git
  • confucius say.
I was thinking, Spain hasn't really moved on from the civil war. Its still got two sides PP or POSE, the Red and the Blue sides. Is it that the people in power are still at war and the public just suffer from the fall out?  Don't know where I'm going with this :undecided:

Offline Prof

• likes bananas

I was thinking, Spain hasn't really moved on from the civil war. Its still got two sides PP or POSE, the Red and the Blue sides. Is it that the people in power are still at war and the public just suffer from the fall out?  Don't know where I'm going with this :undecided:
God point. Real Madrid or BarÇa, PP or PSOE, Fascist or Comunist. Kas limón o Kas Naranja . . . . that's as far as they go.