Inventive ways of municipal fund raising …

Started by Janet, Tue 16 Apr 2013, 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

From another viewpoint, I shop in Adeje and am sick to the back teeth of seeing crappy vehicles lining the road and taking up a lot of parking with se vende signs.  I'd love to see the owners fined and the cars removed.  But, I would like to see it done on the basis that they are a public annoyance, not because it is putting poor little precious car dealerships at a disadvantage.  At any rate, I assumed the cars all came from a dealership anyway, as there are so many of them. 

Janet

Quote from: Perikles on Tue  9 Jul 2013, 07:40
Does that mean that if you want to sell your own car it is no longer legal to put a se vende sign in the window? Or only if you happen to park in that area?

There is a big difference between a private sale of your own car and setting up a business selling several. The latter would be illegal anyway because issues like IGIC and guarantees.  :017:

It is no longer legal in the municipality of San Miguel de Abona for a private individual to sell a car in a public space (roadside, car park, petrol station forecourts, etc) without a municipal licence. That's the bottom line.

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Tue  9 Jul 2013, 10:21
It is no longer legal in the municipality of San Miguel de Abona for a private individual to sell a car in a public space (roadside, car park, petrol station forecourts, etc) without a municipal licence. That's the bottom line.

OK, but if you drive your car around with a se vende sign in the back windscreen is that legal? If it is, what happens if you park your car in San Miguel de Abona for 10 seconds?

Janet

That's exactly what John Sharples just said on the FB post ...