Man dies after falling from Montaña Amarilla

Started by Janet, Sat 23 Mar 2013, 14:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

A man has died after falling to the shore from Montaña Amarilla in San Miguel de Abona, the mountain between Costa del Silencio and Amarilla Golf. No details as of yet, apart from the fact that bomberos, Policía Local and Guardia Civil were involved in the attempted rescue and eventual recovery of the body. I'll update if and when more information becomes available. HERE

Nova

In this wind it wouldn't take much....  :-X
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

No witticism intended but I am so glad that I have a healthy fear of heights.

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

update ... still not known whether it was an accident, a suicide, or wind/wave related ...

A 54-year-old man died just after midday today in a fall to the shore from Montaña Amarilla in San Miguel de Abona, the mountain between Costa del Silencio and Amarilla Golf. Since it is an area with difficult access, a GES helicopter was needed to recover the body in an operation also involving bomberos, Policía Local and Guardia Civil. The man was flown to the SUC medical helicopter base at TFS. Unfortunately, attempts to resuscitate him were to no avail and the paramedics could do no more than confirm his death from the injuries sustained in the fall.