Burnt and dismembered body found in Añaza

Started by aspasia, Sun 11 Mar 2012, 21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

aspasia

In reports reminiscent of THIS story from almost exactly a year ago, National Police have confirmed that a local walking their dog this morning found a body at the bottom of a barranco in the Añaza area of Santa Cruz, the area south of the city centre where Carrefour is. Even worse than the find itself is the fact that the body was burnt and dismembered, and it is impossible right now to tell even if it is that of a man or a woman. Police are investigating the circumstances and no doubt there will be updates in due course. JAA

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

aspasia

The body appears to be that of a middle-aged man, the Policía Nacional say. The head had been separated from the body, and the legs were found a short distance away. The poor soul appears to have been tied up, with the bindings still around the neck and legs. The arms are still to be found. Police say that locals report smelling what they thought was a BBQ the night before the grisly find was made. The remains have been transferred to the Instituto Anatómico Forense, where an attempt will be made to identify the body.  JAA

Nova

That does sound very reminiscent of last year's occurrence doesn't it...  :sign0137:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

aspasia

Police say that the body was not cut up where it was found. The investigation is considering various hypotheses, including that the man, now said to be between 20 and 30 years of age, died while transporting drugs in his stomach, or was a victim of a settling of scores. In either of these scenarios, it is possible that the body was cut up to ease its transport to the place where it was dumped.

What is concerning police particularly, however, is the cable found on the poor man which could suggest that he was still alive when tied up and killed. Clearly at least one of those who set his body on fire in the barranco knew the area well, and the burning suggests an obvious attempt to do away with evidence.

Forensic scientists are still carrying out minute tests on the body, including on the type of cuts made to dismember it. The results could suggest someone with medical or butchery knowldege. The autopsy was carried out yesterday but tests are still continuing and there is no news on the early results. JAA

Phil

Quote from: Sabrinova on Mon 12 Mar 2012, 18:48
That does sound very reminiscent of last year's occurrence doesn't it...  :sign0137:

This actually sounds more scary to me.  Last year was one lunatic, who is now locked away.  This one sounds a lot more cold blooded and calculated. 

And the perpetrators are still at large....   :sofa:

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

aspasia

No Phil, read the link. Last year there was a similar case ... in addition to the beheading. I've given the link.

Phil

Derr.  :-[

That's even worse - a lot of violence for one small island.

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

aspasia

it's drugs, I'm sure, with the two burnt bodies from the other day and last year. And of course the mad Bulgarian, and then there are umpteen mugging a week, some armed with knives, and then there are umpteen hold-ups in commercial premises a month, some of those armed with guns ...

It's getting much worse right now. I don't post the half of it because it's just nightmarish and there's a limit to how much people can read without it getting to be very bad PR. It's a difficult line to draw, informing and to some extent warning people, and still trying to maintain a positive image for Tenerife.  :(

aspasia

The body was of a foreigner, whose exact cause of death is still unclear, but which took place before the body was cut up. The hands were removed to avoid identification.

These are the first conclusions drawn from the investigation and forensic tests, and give strength to the hypotheses of a settling of scores or a drugs mule. Narcotics test analysis is still awaited to see if there are traces in the body. JAA