El Hierro eruption

Started by aspasia, Sat 3 Mar 2012, 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

... and here's IGN's chart of the activity:

Janet

110 earthquakes today, one of them early this afternoon registered as 3.2 on the Richter scale which was felt by the public. All of them were under land, beneath the original old crater. JA

Janet

Yesterday's tally in the end was 167 earthquakes, and just between midnight and 7.30 this morning 73 have been recorded, the largest so far today being 2.7 on the Richter scale. Deformations are also increased, northwards around 1.5cm and 2cm vertically.

Nova

It's warming up again!  :clap:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Guanche

It would seem that something very hot and very powerful is looking for a way out. Which could be anywhere in the Canaries. Worrying!

Perikles

Quote from: Guanche on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:56
It would seem that something very hot and very powerful is looking for a way out.

Perhaps you should avoid the mutton vindaloo next time  :tiphat:

Guanche

I said 'hot and powerful' not 'hot and painful' ;)

Michael

Quote from: Guanche on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 10:56
It would seem that something very hot and very powerful is looking for a way out. Which could be anywhere in the Canaries. Worrying!

Hey, knock it off. I arrive on Friday.   :eyepop:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Quote from: Janet on Sun 16 Sep 2012, 09:53
Yesterday's tally in the end was 167 earthquakes

and as of 9pm this evening, today's tally is 185 earthquakes today, still slowly migrating south, still all under land.

Janet

Scientists from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Energías Renovables (ITER), which forms part of the Instituto Volcanológico de Canarias (Involcan), have confirmed from the deformation in El Hierro that the eruption has reactivated. Between 13 and 16 September there has been an horizontal displacement northwards of 1.62cm and a vertical displacement of 2.9cm. Yesterday's tremor count ended up at 197; today's was slightly lower, at 105 as of 9pm. JA