Deyan Deyanov - trial of killer of Jennifer Mills-Westley

Started by aspasia, Sat 3 Mar 2012, 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

That'll be his "sentence", though, and as a psychiatric patient, he will then be able to be detained if he's still considered dangerous.

Janet

Deyan Deyanov has been sentenced to 20 years in a high security pyschiatric prison. Compensation to the daughters of his tragic victim has also been awarded, and set at €100,000. JA

Guanche

The compensation is largely symbolic since not a penny will be paid. Lets hope he never sees the light of day again. But quite frankly I would say 10 may be 12 years and he'll be out and about.

Janet

He won't, G. It's part of the ruling that he's in for the duration. :)

Guanche

Quote from: Janet on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 13:49
He won't, G. It's part of the ruling that he's in for the duration. :)

Does that not depend on what exactly he was found guilty of Janet. I know it's murder, but for him to be in hospital means that there was more to the verdict and sentence than a simple '20 years take him away'. :undecided:

Janet

It's complicated, and unfamiliar in legal terms, but he's been found guilty and insane. Apparently, in Spain, one can be both if the killing took the victim "by surprise". I don't see the legal logic, but that's the situation, it appears. Being insane, he can be locked up in a high-security psychiatric prison without the usual terms applied to so-called sane murderers.

Guanche

Not sure how that sits with the infamous EU human rights. The Spanish have declared him clinically insane and by that they are declaring that he was not in control when he committed the murder. Should he be 'cured'? Strasbourg could well sweep the Spanish sentence aside. As I say I hope he never sees the light of day again. But in the age of the bleeding heart and the madness of human rights...I worry  ::)

Michael

Channel 4 Monday 13th. May as part of the Despatches series.

QuoteMurdered in Tenerife

The full story of Jennifer Mills-Westley, the British grandmother who was attacked and beheaded in Tenerife, as her family speak out in detail for the first time.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

I'm not posting this on my website because I've been told further posts are upsetting to the family, and really they serve no purpose ...

BUT this attack could have been prevented, if the Welsh weren't moronic, narrow- and petty-minded, limited of outlook, and insular to the point of being inbred.

I'll defend my right to say that because I am Welsh. This is outrageous, and so upsetting ...

:link: (Telegraph cookie alert)

Perikles

QuoteAn example of such views included how he was deemed to be muttering gibberish as a consequence of speaking his own language

How hilariously ironic in Wales  :rofl: