Deyan Deyanov - trial of killer of Jennifer Mills-Westley

Started by Janet, Sat 3 Mar 2012, 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Seville psychiatric report says Deyanov incurably insane

At some point, Deyan Valentinov Deyanov has been quietly transferred to Seville psychiatric prison, where a report on his mental health has been compiled. It concludes that he is mad, purely and simply, and not likely ever to recover. The report says that he is suffering from a “mental disturbance with acute paranoid schizophrenic episodes”, [...]

Source: Seville psychiatric report says Deyanov incurably insane
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Janet

A jury trial awaits Deyan Deyanov, who decapitated a woman in Los Cristianos in 2011, and who is currently in a psychiatric prison in Seville. His trial will probably take place in February in the Sección Segunda de la Audiencia Provincial de Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The Ministerio Fiscal is asking for 20 years internment solicita una pena de 20 años de internment in a penal psychiatric unit which, under article 20.1 of the penal code, is apropriate for Deyanov, who is said to be deranged and to suffer chronic paranoid schizophrenia.

There is a link to further posts on the horrific incident on my website inside this latest report : JA

Janet

Deyanov is now in Tenerife II prison. He arrived on Thursday for trial, but is denying any part in the horrifying murder which there is ample proof he committed. It appears that this stance could prevent a public trial by jury. Apparently he has put on a fair amount of weight while in Seville, but apart from an altered physical appearance, little would seem to have changed. As a result, psychiatrists say he should remain incarcerated under a medical prison regime, a view that is likely to affect any future legal process. I'll update if and when there's anything further. JA

Nova

Is Tenerife II equipped to deal with him???  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Perikles

Quote from: Nova on Sun  3 Feb 2013, 11:15
Is Tenerife II equipped to deal with him???  :undecided:

Tenerife is obviously equipped to deal with all kinds of European lunatics.  :toothygrin:
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Janet

I'm grateful to highly respected journalist Karl McLoughlin for the information that Deyanov will have a public jury trial in Santa Cruz in a couple of weeks' time. The trial is expected to last a week, and will have extremely high security, an inevitability given both the notoriety of the Bulgarian's crime and his extreme violence tendencies. The trial could have been avoided entirely if Deyanov had admitted the crime, in which case there could have been a brief sentencing hearing. This trial will be a spectacle in more ways than one, I suspect. I'm sure that all everyone is hoping for, however, will be that he is locked up securely never to threaten anyone ever again, and that such a sentence will bring some sense of closure to the family of his poor victim, Jennifer Mills-Westley. JA

Janet

The trial of Deyan Deyanov starts tomorrow, Monday, and is expected to last until Friday. It is a trial by jury, but both defence and public prosecutor are asking for the Buglarian to be placed in a high-security psychiatric hospital. Some twenty witnesses are expected to be heard, and as I previously posted, the Court will try the case amidst almost unprecedented security. JA

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin: