News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Canaries will feel tail effects of Tropical Storm Nadine from Friday

Started by Janet, Wed 19 Sep 2012, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

I've known Aemet be within half an hour accurate of rainfall ... I wouldn't say they're "so wrong so often it just seems like they are guessing".

Nova

Quote from: El Profesor on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 20:44
I have been consistently contradicting Aemet's forcasting for the last two or three years ....... I have posted loads of times that I use Ugrib......

Not here you haven't ;)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 20:53
I've known Aemet be within half an hour accurate of rainfall ... I wouldn't say they're "so wrong so often it just seems like they are guessing".
Well they do get it right sometimes ..... one can only assume they will get better.

Quote from: Nova on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 20:57
Not here you haven't ;)
only once here in post 8 of this thread.

Nova

—————

Michael

Quote from: El Profesor on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 20:44

The storm has gone west and there will be no wind. Michael it's going to be lovely. (if it turns around and comes back nobody will ever listen to me again)

I hope so.  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Perikles

Quote from: El Profesor on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 20:44The storm has gone west and there will be no wind.

So how come there is a galeª blowing here at 1000m (nice and warm) and the sky looks black in the south? (12 hours after your post)

ªnot quite a gale, but much windier than usual

Nova

I was awoken at 3am by a gale whipping up my bedroom.  I thought my clothes horse was going to blow clean off the balcony, it was being thrown around so hard!

—————

Janet

Quote from: Janet on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 13:57the NHC as of 8am this morning is saying that Nadine is about 650 miles west-northwest of the Canaries, moving south-southeastwards towards us at around 10mph, regeneration being possible as it moves over warmer waters over next couple of days.  :017:
Quote from: El ProfesorThe storm has gone west

Not according to every source I have seen. It is not moving away from us at all. Post-tropical storm Nadine is now 500 miles wnw of us - has come 150 miles closer than yesterday's 650 miles.  Thunderstorm activity in the centre is increasing, and regeneration into a tropical storm is considered quite possible (60% chance) as it moves over warmer water, continuing eastwards at between 5 and 10 miles an hour, over the next 48 hours.

Considering that an African storm front is approaching westwards as well,  this could be rather interesting ...

Nova

Please tell me when it's time to bring my patio furniture in  ;)

:Woot_Emoticon:

—————

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WEST OF TENERIFE

23/9/12 Sunday a.m.  A measly breeze has picked up.  Classification: pleasant.

Will continue to monitor the situation. 

:49: