Canaries will feel tail effects of Tropical Storm Nadine from Friday

Started by Janet, Wed 19 Sep 2012, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Aemet is forecasting a possible kick for us in the tail of Tropical Storm Nadine, which is arriving in the Azores this evening, and could bring at last, some rain to the Canaries on Monday. Chief of Predicción y Vigilancia de la Aemet en Canarias, Jesús Agüera, said today that the storm should cause a large swell in the sea from Friday, particularly noticeable in La Palma and La Gomera.  There should also be moderate winds, strong at altitude, but nothing, he said, that will warrant the raising of any alert. Rain, if it comes, will not be "intense". I hope they're right! JA

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

El Profesor

Quote from: El Profesor on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 22:50

Something pretty heavy and hurricaney is going to pass to the north next Tuesday or Wednesday ...... but quite a long way north.

I certainly wouldn't like to be in the Azores next week.
Indeed it is certainly coming much closer than it looked like it would last week .... fizzling out to the west ..... I bet it pisses down.
I don't think it'll be very windy though.

So sorry Michael . . .

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Michael

Just wondering Janet, do you know of any websites where I could track the storm?

Nova

Here's a shot of it from my iPad.  The little blue light just SE of the storm is Tenerife  :tiphat:

52 mph winds, wow.....

[attach=1]
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

The latest is that a model shows it moving between Madeira and the Canaries, and regaining strength. This could go until next Wednesday or so ... and there is considerable criticism of the authorities, including Aemet, for being so definite that we won't be affected seriously.

HERE is your site to track it, Michael.  :)

El Profesor

Quote from: Michael on Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:05
Just wondering Janet, do you know of any websites where I could track the storm?
I've tried a few ..... my favourite is UGRIB
You have to download their software. I think AEmet should use it.

El Profesor

And I think it's going to hit us fairly hard on Wednesday night.

Cue an array of speckled alerts.