Canaries will feel tail effects of Tropical Storm Nadine from Friday

Started by Janet, Wed 19 Sep 2012, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Quote from: Nova on Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:13
Please tell me when it's time to bring my patio furniture in  ;)

:Woot_Emoticon:

at the moment, I wouldn't leave them out while you're in work tomorrow ... probably won't be too bad at all but silly to take risks unnecesarily.

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WEST OF TENERIFE

23/9/12 Sunday p.m.  Breeze upgraded to:  gale force; dries sheets in a few minutes flat.  Classification: it would be too hot without this wind.

Will continue to monitor the situation. 

:49:

Nova

There's a light breeze here but the wind has dropped.  It's very hot and close with a thick bank of cloud over the sea....  Also Teide and all the hill it's sitting on are cloaked in thick dark cloud.  It looks very ominous....  The sun is shining brightly here though  :undecided:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Michael

Breaking news from Puerto Colon.  :rofl:

Slight breeze, clear sky, still sweating like a bastard.  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Nadine has regained strength and is now a tropical storm again, but as of 9pm this evening is moving west, away from us, and back into the Atlantic. Tomorrow, however, we should see the arrival of the African storm front, which is already affecting Lanzarote and Fuerteventura with heavy rain and strong wind. The Canarian Government has issued a yellow alert for tomorrow. JA

poker

Not a lot for the moment 3 drops of water flying into Gran Canaria . This morning 5.30 .

Nova

—————

Janet

Seems nothing's going to make it rain. It's just not going to do it for us. The African storm front cut off electricity in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, but just couldn't get as far as Tenerife. We needed that rain so badly.

Nova

—————

Nova

Ooh, ooh!  It isn't rain, it's a very light fairy dust shower, but it's something!!! :hyper:

—————