Canaries will feel tail effects of Tropical Storm Nadine from Friday

Started by Janet, Wed 19 Sep 2012, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

For once I won't bitch if we get some rain - we need it. 

:rain2:

El Profesor

Quote from: El Profesor on Thu 20 Sep 2012, 15:35
And I think it's going to hit us fairly hard on Wednesday night.

No, it isn't ..... It's slipping by to the north ..... it's going to pass over Madeira, which is only about 400 km away, and then waft up towards Gibraltar.

Janet

It does look like Aemet got it right, that we might get a bit of a tail effect but that it was always going to go north of us. I just hope we get a tiny bit of rain out of it rather than just a mar de fondo!!

Michael

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

There seem to be two clear model forecasts now for Nadine. The US one sees it passing between the Canaries and Madeira over the next several days, with the Canaries feeling just the tail end effects. The European GFS model, however, as animated in the above video, shows Madeira getting the full force of it, but with the Canaries well within the main tropical storm next Wednesday. This is clearly shown in the following still of Wednesday from that video. The only thing that seems certain is that no-one is certain yet whether we're going to get a gentle breeze and a drop of rain or a full blown tropical storm! JA

Nova

It's probably a good idea to avoid hanging washing outside to dry this week, or at least be ready to bring it in  :whistle:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

El Profesor

Janet

The Government isn't taking any chances now. A Regional Emergency Pre-alert has been issued this morning for storm, wind and wild seas in the Canaries due to the arrival or close passage of Tropical Storm Nadine.

poker

Janet

Nadine isn't expected until between Monday and Wednesday, P  :)