News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Binter now flying to Cape Verde

Started by Janet, Tue 11 Sep 2012, 17:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Binter Canarias has established a link between the Canaries and Cape Verde. I know from my own experience that there was a great deal of interest in Cape Verde at one point, with many estate agents here pushing the developments there. Quite a few people bought off plan, and many developments are still actively being sold at present, so I imagine that Binter is tapping into the market created by this interest. There are also Canarian business interests in the archipelago, primarily in the construction and tourism fields. Flights will be twice weekly, on Tuesdays and Fridays, from Gran Canaria to Santiago, with a flying time of 2 hours 40 minutes, and will add to the airline's existing African networks with routes to Morocco and Western Sahara: Binter is also studying the possibility of adding routes to Senegal and Gambia. JA

Nova

Wow, that sounds interesting.  It's a shame they're flying from Gran Canaria rather than Tenerife, but at least GC is only a short trip away  :great:
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

The flights on Cabo Verde airlines were from Gran Canaria when I went down there a few years ago too. Perhaps there's a particular reason ... can't imagine what ...

Another factor to consider is that Santiago is the island with the Cabo Verdean capital, Praia. It's not really a holiday island, and most developments are on Sal, which is another half hour flight the other end ...

Janet

Any chance Cape Verde had of retaining an exclusive aura has been dealt a blow by the news that it's where Katie Price takes her family on holiday ... :D

:link:

Nova

Oops  :D  Won't be long now before "Chav Verde" becomes the destination of choice for all those stag and hen parties  :giggle:

—————

Michael

There goes the neighbourhood.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

Well, it's important to share out the chav-ness ... as opposed to Ryanair organizing a loo-roll throwing competition for free booze on a flight to Tenerife from Manchester. FFS ...

:link:

Nova

Jeez, that's the flight I take!   :banghead:

—————

Michael

Quote from: Nova on Sun  4 May 2014, 11:13
Jeez, that's the flight I take!   :banghead:

Better start working on your throwing arm Nova.  :giggle:
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Nova

What throwing arm?  :giggle:  With any luck this lot will be headed to Chav Verde now  :D

—————