News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

El Prof's holiday in Tenerife

Started by El Profesor, Sun 2 Sep 2012, 01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

El Profesor

So in the end I did have a holiday this year. ..... and a fine holiday it was, in sunny Tenerife.
Who would like to see my holiday snaps? Oh good, here you are then.

Well holiday ..... um Friday evening to Sunday afternoon .... we didn't even make 48 hours.
But it sure felt like a holiday to me.

We stayed in a rural hotel just outside the village of Guimar.
FINCA SALAMANCA is 200 years old. Previously they grew tobacco but nowadays it's mostly fruit and avocados.
Really quiet, no kids, no bars, nice restaurant, lovely gardens.

This is the entrance to the restaurant and the reception. Nice restaurant, but no eggs and bacon for breakfast, just fruit, cereals, ham and cheese ... nice bread
[attachimg=1]

The Sala Colonial, quiet and comfy, card tables ..... but no bar
[attachimg=2]

Jolly comfy
[attachimg=3]

I think I'm getting the hand of this photo thing - these are room/apartments
[attachimg=4]

Nice place

Nova

Oh that does look lovely and tranquil - the perfect place for a weekend getaway!

It's a shame the was no bar in the sala, but I did spot the Morticia Addams chair  :wink:

My favourite part of any hotel stay is the continental breakfast.  As lonog as there's good coffee, orange juice, cereal and either croissants or toast, I'm a happy bunny :D

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

I've heard very nice things about this finca, and apparently they do receptions there for weddings and that type of thing too. It looks very nice indeed. Presumably the restaurant has wine ....  :undecided:

El Profesor

Quote from: Janet on Sun  2 Sep 2012, 09:43
I've heard very nice things about this finca, and apparently they do receptions there for weddings and that type of thing too........
Yes indeed .... nice place for a wedding. There was a really big one.
The reception was here and the dance hall is underground, in a cave to the left of this photo. We didn't hear a thing.
[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Nova on Sun  2 Sep 2012, 01:54
It's a shame the was no bar .........
Well we stocked up the fridge in the room with some rather nice wine, and some Iberian stuff.
Partaken at the table outside under the massive tree.
This is the room  .... number 11.
[attachimg=2]

There was a bedroom, a bathroom, and a living room with sofa, small fridge ...... but we´re talking hotel rural here - no air conditioning.
Here's some couple in a bathroom.
[attachimg=3]
I went swimming three times and each time I was the only one in the pool area .... this place is quiet.
[attachimg=4]

El Profesor

So then on Saturday morning we jumped in the car and drove up the hill to Arafo ...... simply because I like Arafo .....nice village.
[attachimg=1]
A very musical village too
[attachimg=2]

Then we went on up and up...
[attachimg=3]
And we found some great views ...... and bits of Tenerife that haven't been burnt down yet.
Those are the Anaga mountains in the distance.
[attachimg=4]

Guanche

You mush have driven past our house on the main road from Arafo up to the top. Its a shame because the weekend  before was the fiesta, the name of which escapes me.

El Profesor

Quote from: Guanche on Mon  3 Sep 2012, 17:46
You must have driven past our house on the main road from Arafo up to the top. Its a shame because the weekend  before was the fiesta, the name of which escapes me.
It's called a Romeria ..... and the Arafo one is so good they come from all over.
I think you're luchy to live there.

But where were we? Up the road from Arafo, meet the LA Esperanza road, left then right to the Miradors Chamague and Chipague.

Luckily the calima had cleared the day before ..... stunning views.
Unfortunately I'd left the camera in the hotel and the rest of the day is on the phone.

Looking down on the Guimar valley with Las Palmas top left.
[attachimg=1]
Looking down towards La Matanza
[attachimg=2]
Looking across the Oratava valley
[attachimg=3]
Doesn't Teide look just like a tit sometimes?
[attachimg=4]

Michael

Quote from: El Profesor on Mon  3 Sep 2012, 22:02
Doesn't Teide look just like a tit sometimes?

We have the same problem with the Mournes.  :giggle:

Beautiful pictures Prof. Keep em coming.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

El Profesor

And so, after a long walk in the pine forests of the cumbres of Tenerife's spine, we drove back down to Arafo ...... feeling quite peckish.

Nice place Arafo, full of country types who couldn't imagine that anyone wouldn't know what a Merry was. And a very musical village.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

.And lo, there was much bunting ...... and PA's
[attachimg=4]

El Profesor

So we looked around and ended up having a late lunch in Bar Lalo opposite the square.
I can recommend the fried pork with mojo, with chips that someone had actually cut with a knife, quite delicious ..... if I lived in the village I'd probably hang out there  :whistle:

Well by the time we left, the place had filled up with people wearing strange clothes, and everybody was dancing and singing.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

But that was nothing compared to what was going on out in the street.

And it was only 5.30 pm