News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Proposed shopping mall in Adeje

Started by Myrtle Hogan-Lance, Thu 9 Aug 2012, 12:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Guanche

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment here but, does Tenerife really need more empty shops? :undecided:

Delderek

Where the hell do they expect the customers to come from? Flight movements are down dramatically, and therefore visitors: Only accessible via taxi, so trade has to come from residents, which are pulled away from existing facilities. So must be a very very long term vision :021:

Myrtle Hogan-Lance

Quote from: Delderek on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:07
Where the hell do they expect the customers to come from? Flight movements are down dramatically, and therefore visitors: Only accessible via taxi, so trade has to come from residents, which are pulled away from existing facilities. So must be a very very long term vision :021:

Maybe they are banking on the discovery of extraterrestrial life.

Guanche

Quote from: Delderek on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:07

Sadly the only long term vision by the powerful and political in Tenerife, and Spain is 'Whats in it for me'

I have a theory that white elephants like this are nothing more than a money laundering scam. Whose money is being laundered is any ones guess. :tiphat:

Delderek

Quote from: Myrtle Hogan-Lance on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:40
Maybe they are banking on the discovery of extraterrestrial life.

What do you mean,,, discovery, I married one :whistle:

poker

Now why dont they make it into a Eurovegas . They are making one in Madrid .
Or a Eurocarrefour you could gamble youre shopping cart against the shoppingtrolly of a lifetime .

First they have to fill all the empty pisos me thinks to keep it alive .

And if it comes then the other carrefours and Elcampos will be half empty and turning a loss .
What about the Cristianos shops then or the golden mile , del duke shopping centre  . . . . all turning into gost centers .

Its going to be like in a lot of city's even more empty shops everywere becouse everyone goes to the bigg center .

Another question is what bank is going to provide the loans and insurance for building  . . .
A nearly bankrupt one ?

By that time fuel could be very expencive and flights also , so nobody would come . . . .

Ah we will see its the future . . . .

poker

Seen they are wanting to build again a shopping mall , this time a giant one .
Hopefully it won't have another Mercadonna in it . . .   http://www.mirametv.com/news/news/view.html?id=39%2Fun-gigante-de-cincuenta-campos-de-futbol

Janet

It's the one we were talking about in this thread ... you even posted in it!! I've moved your post over to the existing thread.  :tiphat:

it was given final go ahead a year ago (link).