News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Another warm weekend in store

Started by Janet, Tue 7 Aug 2012, 14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Aemet has announced a serious heatwave for the weekend that will affect almost the whole of the Spanish mainland, with temperatures of up to 44º. Here in the Canaries, we will notice the increased heat, though thankfully not to that sort of extent. Alerts are likely to be put in place tomorrow, but for the moment, temperatures of around 35º are expected from Friday, particularly for the eastern islands of Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, and at mid-altitude in the western islands. The heat is expected to start dispersing slowly from Sunday. JA

Janet

And the alert has now been issued. Tenerife has a yellow alert for temperatures of up to 35º on Friday, with the eastern islands all on orange alert for 37º. JA

El Profesor

Jolly good - it'll be lovely on the beach. :49:

Nova

Quote from: El Profesor on Wed  8 Aug 2012, 16:11
Jolly good - it'll be lovely on the beach. :49:

Only if you have a big brolly and a case of cold beer  ;)
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Tenerife's alert has been raised to orange for Saturday, with temperatures of up to 37º forecast.

Janet

Crying out loud! We have an absolute GALE up here. Never mind that it's warm, it's blowing like a tropical storm!

Nova

It's a bit blowy down here too - my blinds are rattling!  It's a cooler wind though, I might have to put a cardy on while I make my sandwiches  :P

And the cardigan is on, sorry :giggle:

—————

Nova

I'm fed up with this calima now!    The heat and dust combined with my body fighting off this allergy has me feeling absolutely exhausted!!  Though the accumulated deprivation of sleep probably isn't helping either  :whistle:

—————

Nova

Oooh we have a bit of a cool breeze now, that's lovely!!  :clap:

—————

Janet