News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Yellow alert for calima from Thursday

Started by Janet, Tue 31 Jul 2012, 10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

Aemet has issued a yellow alert for calima in the south, east and west of Tenerife and Gran Canaria from 10am on Thursday. Temperatures above 34º are forecast, especially at altitude, and are  expected to continue throughout the weekend. JA

Janet

They're saying that this heatwave isn't going to be as intense as the last one, but the alert has still been raised to orange for tomorrow, with temperatures up to 37º forecast for all of Tenerife apart from the north coast.

El Profesor

Lovely weather for the beach       :smiley_suninsky:   :smileysun:

Janet

Thankfully for Tenerife, the orange alert for today that Aemet activated yesterday has been downgraded to yellow. As things stand, it's in place for today and tomorrow only, with maximum temperatures of up to 36º forecast for today, a maximum of 34º for tomorrow. JA

Nova

If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial

Janet

Aemet's yellow alert for heatwave ends at 8pm this evening. For today, temperatures of up to 34º are expected (though we have 37º at altitude), but tomorrow's alert chart shows the lovely scene above. JA

El Profesor

Still nice weather for the beach.

Nova

Whew!  It certainly is warm out there!!  There is a breeze at least but I couldn't be out in the sun.

The beach is packed...  ;)

—————

Janet

it says it all that we have 35º in the shade ... and it feels cool!  :toohot2: :toohot: :hotfan:

Nova

I've no idea what the temperature is in my apartment, but now I'm home, back in my summer nightie with the front and back windows wide open, it's really not so bad :)

—————