Deepening crisis in Tenerife

Started by Pelinor, Mon 30 Jul 2012, 20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelinor

Adding to the 33.14% unemployment in Tenerife are all the under 25 year olds in my family (7) The last one in full time employment was 'let go' today.  from Bordon in Taco. Bordon was the biggest wood yard in Tenerife is now a storage facility for Coca Cola. Of the 7 two are actively looking outside Spain for employment

On a slightly different note my mother in law had a cleaner once a week. Paid for by the council due to her medical conditions. However since the council has not paid the cleaners employer for three months he has withdrawn all his cleaning staff from the council contract.

Now this is third hand so don't quote me. Sanadad issued an appeal for people with spare medical aids, wheel chairs, walking aids, etc. to donate them as they cannot afford to replace broken stock. We had a wheel chair which we gave to the local council old people home they accepted with open arms.

Prof

Anybody with any decent qualifications has either left or is leaving Spain.

They only have 11% unemployment in the Basque country ...... but try getting a job there if you don't speak fluent Euskera.

Pelinor

Further to my post about the cleaners who were contracted by the council to clean houses for the old and disabled. It has now emerged that the private company that employed the cleaners has been closed down and all properties of the management 'embargoed'

Today's truth is that the company was being paid by the council, but failing to pay the social security stamps of the staff. The amount is alleged to be in the region of 2,000,000 euro!!!

One has to ask how did it get to this amount in a country with so many civil servants to check on these things?