News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Two women injured in Tenerife

Started by Janet, Thu 4 Jan 2018, 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

The first was a 65-year-old who was hit yesterday afternoon by a paraglider who was landing at Playa de La Caleta. Emergency services say that they were called out around 3pm with reports of the accident, and ambulance crew found the woman with back injuries from the impact. She was immobilized at the scene and transferred to Hospitén Sur where her condition is said to be comfortable.

Then today a 63-year-0ld British woman fell some 2m in Puerto de la Cruz and received severe head injuries. Emergency services say that they were called out shortly before 5pm yesterday with reports that the woman had fallen in the harbour and was injured. Ambulance crew stabilized her at the scene and transferred her to Hospitén Bellevue where her situation is said to be serious.

I'm getting reports through at the moment too about another woman who has fallen (or jumped?) off a bridge on the TF1 at Güímar. Apparently she survived, though there is no official statement yet about her condition, only that Tráfico was on the scene very quickly and that there were major tailbacks on the TF1 as a result of the incident.
One must have sunshine, freedom and flowers. Hans Christian Andersen

Perikles

Quote from: Janet on Thu  4 Jan 2018, 17:29
The first was a 635-year-old who was hit yesterday afternoon by a paraglider

Now that is news!
Джереми. Prurio ergo sum
κατθάνοισα δὲ κείσῃ οὐδέ ποτα μναμοσύνα σέθεν ἔσσετ' οὐδὲ †ποκ'†ὔστερον• οὐ γὰρ πεδέχῃς βρόδων τῶν ἐκ Πιερίας•

Janet

Michael

The paraglider accident accident doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I stood on that beach a couple of weeks ago when I took this video wondering 'How does no-one ever get hit?'

People were walking across the flight line totally oblivious of the silently approaching hazard. Note the couple with the buggy. Would you stand there?

Then again, most pilots land short of the beach so there's really no excuse for this accident.

[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Janet

didn't one come down near or on the motorway recently?!

Marion

Surely they shouldn't be allowed to land in such populated areas.
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Michael

Quote from: Janet on Thu  4 Jan 2018, 18:34

I believe you're right although i'd speculate he/she was a beginner.  :giggle:

The level of control I witnessed was amazing. Those guys/girls were landing exactly where they wanted to.
[countdown=01,06,2021,13,30][/countdown] until I return to Tenerife! :toothygrin:

Marion

Great control, until one of them lands on a woman in La Caleta.
"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."

- Diane Ackerman

Nova

Quote from: Janet on Thu  4 Jan 2018, 18:34

I remember that but I don't think it was particularly recent. More like four or five years ago.
If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know amazing.

—————
My other website: verygomez.com
Instagram: novahowardofficial