News:

We have undergone a major upgrade. Please see post in the Announcements board for more details.

Main Menu

Best June for a decade, says Turismo

Started by Janet, Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet

The Canaries had 691,568 foreign visistors in June, up 4.8% higher than June last year. The result is, in fact, the best June for the last decade, and Tenerife is what is pulling them in, and above all, it is the British who are coming, 297,755 of them. This is 29,000 more than a year ago, up 11%. There were also 173,114 from Germany, 27,700 more than June 2911, while the numbers of mainland Spanish visitors to the islands were down. JA

Phil

Funny, I was talking to Jackie/Colleen the other day - they had a weekend in GC last week and her words were "I don't know what GC is doing that Tenerife isn't but GC is so much busier!". 

Certainly with my limited view, this year has appeared quieter in Tenerife!

For what shall it profit a man, to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Janet

Which rather suggests that these tourists are not too visible, and so might be going into hotels, which is something Turismo would be pleased about, showing their various campaigns (including the illegal letting one) are working, and something that would help Turismo justify continuing to those campaigns, and these are Turismo figures .......

poker

Not a word that the rain could of helpt these figures ;) .

Delderek

Goodness knows how they arrive at these figures, if they count airline arrivals, they could be returning residents, long stay swallows, family visiting family, etc, etc, How on earth they define "Tourists" is anyone's guess.

Perikles

Quote from: Delderek on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 19:30Goodness knows how they arrive at these figures,

Perhaps they just ask the prostitutes how their business is thriving, and derive their figures from that.

Delderek

Quote from: Perikles on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 19:51
Perhaps they just ask the prostitutes how their business is thriving, and derive their figures from that.

So are you saying the Swallows, don't partake of their services :whistle:

Perikles

Quote from: Delderek on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 21:42
So are you saying the Swallows, don't partake of their services :whistle:

All swallows are upright decent citizen, and do their own swallowing.